For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
By dazq
Blackbird this has made for fascinating reading and I thank you for taking the time to explain it all.
I am sure it will be very useful in future development work for all of us interested in a controller design.
I have been considering gathering data sheets etc together for the most likely boxes to be used on the gears repo in a "data" area. If you want to pr any documentation you would like to share I would gladly pull it in to keep it together for everyone.
By blackbird
PSIG wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 am Thanks for the images As it seems these are a total mystery on the web, I'll forge ahead with best-guess and see what happens. :lol:
Watch this video too, this should help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxWSdYlru_g

In my opinion these solenoids are really less about pulsing/bleeding fluid at the right rate, and more just precise in terms of relational timing. Like, this is when this solenoid comes on! GO! If that makes sense. Especially considering the PWM TCC solenoid (as you know) a lot of people like to run as just an on/off deal. So, I think you really can just do it that way. Also, take a look at this 4l80 controller. It might give you some ideas or a backbone to work off for testing.
https://forum.arduino.cc/t/4l80e-controller/623107/10

Just don't forget a very conservative and consistent debounce routine for any shift buttons!!! What a nightmare that would be...

Wish I had more to send you but short of some PDF's on how the trans works, not much. I don't really know to code well enough to just drum up the GUI for it. That's the hardest part for me.

I've got an idea of what to try, but it will take me a while to figure out working through the code correctly.
By blackbird
dazq wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:48 pm Blackbird this has made for fascinating reading and I thank you for taking the time to explain it all.
I am sure it will be very useful in future development work for all of us interested in a controller design.
I have been considering gathering data sheets etc together for the most likely boxes to be used on the gears repo in a "data" area. If you want to pr any documentation you would like to share I would gladly pull it in to keep it together for everyone.
Sorry what does pr documentation mean?

I am working on some ideas here. I have an entire trans I've redesigned and am working on the controller. I would love to get some private help with that, so it can be robust. Then the controller firmware could be release publicly and adapted for any trans, just leaving the settings (as in specific solenoid timings/sleuthing rates) for my trans private/proprietary. Leave all the features and GUI in place for release. I would be more public about this, but there are a lot of snakes out there. Companies that will gladly steal ideas, code, whatever, throw patents on or around the technology and gladly run the entire ship into the ground. Once I have my trans fully public, then I want to just let my firmware/settings be open source, as I really don't intend this as a long term business platform. I don't have time to spend on that, bigger projects and goals to tend to.

That way the controller could be adapted to any electronic solenoids for any trans someone wanted, and it would just be a matter of going through and tuning all of it. Also the board to be used is obviously fairly important too, so that is good for developers to be able to create income. But the idea is that the firmware underneath becomes universal, and will be structured to allow for a dynamic high throughput, but also can be dumbed down for older transmissions too. And moving forward will stay open source so improvements can be made as people venture into the space.

Speeduino is the perfect platform to do it on as well. Especially with the 4.1, and some wifi/bluetooth features... You could have an incredibly slick, super advanced, yet totally simple to setup universal transmission controller.
By blackbird
dazq wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:48 pm Blackbird this has made for fascinating reading and I thank you for taking the time to explain it all.
If it helps, once I am close to deciding on an initial prototype controller, I can send you the code. And then we can talk via video chat or something about how it works, what I'm looking for etc. My trans has 10 solenoids all together, and is a lot more complicated than the 4l60's. It will integrate with a Holley ecu as well. Then we could potentially see how to transition the features needed, to the DX Gears.

There are a few sensors that I have and would like to use, but don't know how to implement. I know the speeduino uses them so, it is definitely doable. Different types of pressure sensors, thermistors, Hal effect sensors etc.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?