For any other general hardware. Can be OEM parts (Eg Coils, injectors etc) or anything more specific.
I know there are more then a few members here from the Southern Hemisphere, Here in the US these heads are completely unobtainable, there is a aluminum copy, with limited availability, but it is very expensive, and has issues...

I have no idea how hard they are to find down there, or what shipping would cost, but figured it was worth a shot asking, perhaps someone knows where to find one (and the intake manifold)
dougo wrote:Are we talking about a steel head, or an aluminium one? I might know someone.... Only issue is freight from Australia is expensive. Would you want the head overhauled & crack tested?

regards, Doug
I am talking about the iron head, It needs to be rebuildable, and not cracked...
I don't think it would be worth it. I saw one sell at the start of the year for $600 running, and with postage it would be $1000. They are not common here either.
If I could arrange something I don't think you would get much change out of $1500.
Bare good casting $400
Postage $300
12 valves $200 - all valves of that era are too soft.
6 exh hardened inserts $120 - I wouldn't trust that there would be much hardness left after you cut the seats.
12 guides $120
Full service $150
Replace 50 year old springs, retainers, and collects $200

If you are desperate you can make one for a quarter the price and be within 10% of a 2V flow wise.
Cut log manifold off with a grinder $5
Machine surface flat $60
Blot on 1" or 1½" or 2" - what ever you like - Alum plate $150
Drill and grind plate for any manifold pattern you like. Grinder plus burrs maybe $100

I re-engineer old heads into something modern all the time.
Here is some 4V's I did. Note the large chuck of CI I removed to get that Alum plate in there.

Maybe one of our modern much cheaper heads will fit.
rocklord wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:40 pm If RickCreations is interested, I have a 4.1L Crossflow head in the US I'd be willing to sell.
I also have a cam, valve cover, 2Bbl intake and cast iron exhaust manifold to set you up.

As for modifying a US 200/250 block, look here:
http://web.archive.org/web/201605011351 ... adswap.asp
would be nice, but won't fit in my dog box ;-) That said, how much?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?