For any other general hardware. Can be OEM parts (Eg Coils, injectors etc) or anything more specific.
By Type123
Here goes:

A Hella TBB44 Electronic E12P 4DB003425-06 relay has pins: -31, 49, 49a (X under the pin) and a pin with C P.

Which goes where? Is 49 12v, 31 GND, 49a to turn signal switch? What is the pin with C P? (Pin is in the center, C on the left, P on the right of the pin)
By KLAS
31 = ground
49 = power in, from switched/ignition source
49a = power out, to turn signal switch
C = control lamp, P is an older name for that, also called K or K1
By Type123
Thanks man!

Super!
KLAS wrote:31 = ground
49 = power in, from switched/ignition source
49a = power out, to turn signal switch
C = control lamp, P is an older name for that, also called K or K1
By cx500tc
31 is ground
49 is +12V
C is for the dash indicator lamp
49a is the external lamp(s)

The combination switch, a.k.a. turn signal switch or lever, connects 12V to 49, and routes 49a out to whichever side of the vehicle should be blinking, and C to whichever indicator on the dash should be blinking. C and 49a operate in unison.

Note that 49a will connect to multiple bulbs, at least one at the front and one at the rear, possibly one at the side. If any one of those should fail, the relay detects the change in current draw and blinks the signals faster than normal so the driver can see that on the dashboard and be alerted to a bulb out.

*edit- oops... people replied while I was typing. I could be wrong, then, but what I wrote above is my interpretation.
By AlexanderBurgers
Sounds correct to me. There exist plug&play alternatives without current sensing, for in case you replace your blubs with LED's and the current is too low.
By Type123
Can You kindly share alternatives? Thanks in advance.
AlexanderBurgers wrote:Sounds correct to me. There exist plug&play alternatives without current sensing, for in case you replace your blubs with LED's and the current is too low.
By AlexanderBurgers
My car happens to use a 3 pin version (with the dash indicator bulb wired in parallel with the actual outside bulbs) which would be replaced by something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pin-12V-Elect ... 1210380372

For 4 pin I'd assume something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pin-Car-Motor ... 1721011210

Anyway, just search ebay/ali/etc.. for "turn signal relay led n pin" where n is the number of pins your stock relay uses. :) Theres even ones with adjustable flashing speed. :)
By cx500tc
Type123 wrote:Can You kindly share alternatives? Thanks in advance.
AlexanderBurgers wrote:Sounds correct to me. There exist plug&play alternatives without current sensing, for in case you replace your blubs with LED's and the current is too low.
Alternatives for the relay? It's really meant to be a relay controlling the turn signal lamps. If you're thinking about re-purposing it, knowing what your target is would go a long way to getting a good answer.
By Type123
Car has LED lights so hence the question about alternatives as I thought there were some "other alternatives" available.

I should have stated LED lights in the 1st post though.
cx500tc wrote:
Alternatives for the relay? It's really meant to be a relay controlling the turn signal lamps. If you're thinking about re-purposing it, knowing what your target is would go a long way to getting a good answer.
By cx500tc
Type123 wrote:Car has LED lights so hence the question about alternatives as I thought there were some "other alternatives" available.

I should have stated LED lights in the 1st post though.
cx500tc wrote:
If you're not having problems with it, I'd leave it alone.

If you're having the issue where with LED's the lights flash too fast, maybe look for a flasher that's LED compatible. Traditional flashers are bi-metallic strips that rely on the bulbs drawing a specific amount of current so that the flasher element heats up and breaks contact then cools off and makes contact. LED's don't draw enough current to properly stimulate the flasher and this causes a fast blink rate. The alternative is to install resistors at each bulb which cause the LED to draw sufficient current like a normal bulb. I don't know how this will affect your relay, though.
Opel Ascona 2000cc 20E

Hello, I have an Opel Ascona 20E which I installe[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

I will get a timing light to make the final adjust[…]

Do your thing, and I'll leave you to it, but your […]

Plugs, where to get?

Connector #003: Arduino Pin-Header 2.54mm spac[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?