For any other general hardware. Can be OEM parts (Eg Coils, injectors etc) or anything more specific.
By Markyd
I've finally ordered a 60 way TE connector (34+26).

Its a board mount connector but I have a 0.4.3 board with the 40 pin header. I'm inclined to cut the legs short and straighten the 90 degree bends, solder wires directly to the legs and heat shrink each individually. The alternative is to design and order a custom pcb (from JLC PCB or similar), but I've not designed a PCB before and not sure it will add any value.

What do others do?
I made a custom PCB and linked the 0.4 to it using the 40 pin socket, with a ribbon cable. I had other circuitry to add and was using the original loom in part, so it was worth it for me. The downside is that the new installation takes up more space and it doesn't fit where it used to. I can't leave it like that long term and will have to build a new combined board.

A lot of people just mount their connector into a case, and hard wire from the board to the back of the connector. You need a panel mount connector rather than a board mount one for that ideally.
Markyd wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:17 pm I've finally ordered a 60 way TE connector (34+26).

Its a board mount connector but I have a 0.4.3 board with the 40 pin header. I'm inclined to cut the legs short and straighten the 90 degree bends, solder wires directly to the legs and heat shrink each individually. The alternative is to design and order a custom pcb (from JLC PCB or similar), but I've not designed a PCB before and not sure it will add any value.

What do others do?

I did just like you thinked. I cutted pins shorter and soldered wires straight at those and put some heat shrink to over pins.
There are a couple ways to do it.

- bend the connector pins straight, solder some wires to them and solder it to one of these https://wtmtronics.com/product/v4uc-breakout-pcb/ and just connect the v0.4 board to it with a ribbon cable

- bend the connector pins straight, solder some wires to them and solder it to the board directly.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?