For any other general hardware. Can be OEM parts (Eg Coils, injectors etc) or anything more specific.
By miker
This is a raspberry pi clone. It is very powerful but it's very different to the Arduino. The Arduino is a dedicated processor that does it's one dedicated job very well. The raspberry pi is a Unix computer (like a server but a lot smaller). It does lots of things very well, except because it's designed to do lots of things it doesn't do time critical. You can never be sure it's it running your code, the operating system, the memory manager, WiFi, Ethernet, some other code. On most programs (file server, spreadsheet, temperature monitor, web server) it doesn't matter if it does something this microsecond or the next. On the Arduino / speeduino i believe this matters.

Others need to comment but I'd anticipate unless you can replace the operating system with your own dedicated to speeduino this probably isn't a good replacement. You also need to consider lifetime of the board, orange pi keep bringing out new boards. How long term is the solution?
By PSIG
That's a cool and relatively powerful board. 8-) I would back-pedal to a more basic question if we are to entertain weeks or months of development and testing to move in this direction: What are the current Mega and Teensy versions of Speeduino failing to do in the job of low-cost basic engine management? IMO, the answer(s) to that would support or deny the expenditure of time and resources on alternative systems.

David
By PSIG
A different perspective may be to use it as a satellite "GPIO" to co-handle other functions that Speeduino does not, should not, or cannot; such as HD dash displays, lighting, Valet tracking, traction control, video logging, staged boost coordination, GPS tracking/race analysis, traffic avoidance, OTR email or in-flight entertainment, etc.
8-)
David
By theonewithin
Big problem with these Pi style boards is boot times.

I don't see it as acceptable to have to wait 30+ seconds for a dash to appear.

Or for traction control to start working.

Etc.

You could keep them powered up at all times but it all just seems a bit excessive...

Plenty of more suitable options are available.

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?