For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By Eddie78
Hi I have been running speeduino 0.4 board for quite some time and have been pleased with it,

Car ran fantastic great cold and hot starts smooth through out rev range.

But I have now developed a issue, I all seem to start when I had a headgasket failure (nothing to do with speeduino), Headgasket failure and blew water out of the header tank soaking the engine bay car dropped onto 2 cylinders just figured it was water on the plugs and leads etc after a mile or so she picked back up on all 4 cylinders..... nursed the car back home, the speeduino is mounted inside the car and did not see any water,

Did the headgasket and the engine had the issue below , I was planning a engine swap anyways,
so engine swap completed, did have a 4AGE in and now its running a blacktop zetec and the issues are the same.

she idles beautifully 600rpm 13.7 afr and revs clean to 2k, then she hits a wall sounds and feels like a soft limiter kicking in miss firing on all 4 cylinders.

when she does this stumble the tacho does not read properly. up to 2k the tacho mirrors the rpm in TS after the 2k TS rpms rise as they should but the tacho reads very low. eg 6k on TS only 2.5k on the tacho.

now occassionally the stumble is not there and she revs beautifully from idle to redline and when the stumble is not there the tacho works as it should. so when she miss fires the tacho is wrong, when she does not missfire the tacho is correct, is this connected?

on cranking the tacho jumps about and seem to jump more when you move the throttle (TPS)

other than the engine nothing has changed same harness etc....
did a tooth log nice clean signal, only get sync losses on crank (3) but none when running and missfiring

checked earths and feeds and harness is still running the same routes as before

Tried clearing eeprom and reflash the FW made no difference , sometimes runs like a top but more often than not has this huge stumble above 2k and tacho not reading correctly

changed plugs, leads, coil pack etc.....

any ideas
By LPG2CV
check you haven't pushed a pin back in a connector.

check fuel pressure and filters.
check air can get into tank.

A tune and log pair may be useful.
By Eddie78
fuel pressure is bang on 3bar checked and double checked every pressure. doubt its the tune as its runs great then the next minute it has the stumble and tacho issue

will get some logs today
By jonbill
There could be things in the tune that would cause this. e.g. boost limiter at 100kpa, ego correction, IAT correction etc
a log and tune would be the thing.
By Eddie78
will do some logs today to see if she is pulling timing etc....

ego is switched off
boost limit switched off
no iat retard at the moment etc..

like I say sometimes its fine sometimes not and when its not the tacho miss behaves.

I will do some logging today and I am going to go through the harness again
By LPG2CV
as you have changed engines, it would be a good idea to check the sync loss counter in the log. Perhaps put a gauge on the TS dash and check when driving.

Edit

Large gaps on worn spark plugs can cause this, but check the sensor.
By Eddie78
think I may of found the cause of all my issues

Went to the garage with full intentions of doing logs etc... but ended going through the whole loom checking feeds earths etc...... nothing found improved the routing making sure signal wires are seperate to coil feds etc.... no difference.
inj and ign leds flash when running and the frequency increases with RPM but when RPM reaches the 2k mark the ign led frequency slows down same as the tacho

Sat in the house full of frustration and generally peed off started looking through the tune and spotted something i dont know why or when it was enabled as I dont have a clutch switch or any wiring, but Flat shift is enabled.
Will find out tomorrow if this school boy has been the cause of my problems the I have no wiring going to this so assume it is just floating causing my stumble.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (41.61 KiB) Viewed 2062 times

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?