For any discussion not specifically related to your project
So it's a Hall Effect sensor?

Are you sure 100%?

If so you can test it using a multimeter.

It's output should change as teeth pass it.

Just turn engine with spanner and watch multimeter on it's output.

If that appears correct then you need to start chasing it all the way back to the ECU and see if it get's to the ECU pin.
If you take a close look at your sensor, there should be a Bosch number engraved on it. This is very helpful to identify the sensor. If it is Hall, it needs ground, +5 Volt to do a signal, which should change with a tooth or gap in front of it.
A VR sensor may have 3 pins too ( ground or signal -/ signal + / screen).
As you did not tell us the secret which Astra F you have got (maybe a 1.7 Diesel?) , no one can use the internet to find out for you, for example in your engines manual, which sensor you have got. Anyway, crank should be inductive = VR sensor with most Opelz. That does mean you need a VR conditioner of some kind on some Speeduino boards.

Leaving the input open, which is a very clever idea, simply not to connect things too complicated for you, leaves the input in an undefined stage, "floating". It may pick up any electrical noise from around the engine and show random readings if your installation is chaotic enough...

Good luck!
Chris Wolfson wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:13 pm If you take a close look at your sensor, there should be a Bosch number engraved on it. This is very helpful to identify the sensor. If it is Hall, it needs ground, +5 Volt to do a signal, which should change with a tooth or gap in front of it.
A VR sensor may have 3 pins too ( ground or signal -/ signal + / screen).
As you did not tell us the secret which Astra F you have got (maybe a 1.7 Diesel?) , no one can use the internet to find out for you, for example in your engines manual, which sensor you have got. Anyway, crank should be inductive = VR sensor with most Opelz. That does mean you need a VR conditioner of some kind on some Speeduino boards.

Leaving the input open, which is a very clever idea, simply not to connect things too complicated for you, leaves the input in an undefined stage, "floating". It may pick up any electrical noise from around the engine and show random readings if your installation is chaotic enough...

Good luck!
It is an X16XEL and the crank sensor is GM 90483739. I honestly thought it is a hall effect ccause of the three wires

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?