For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By ofireg98
-1uz vvti
-v0.4b
-vag r8 coil (china)
-wasted spark
-toyota vr sensor cranck and cam

i just finish to wire the engine harness and evrething going whell, all the sensor work fine and
then i try the hardwer testing i, check the ignition and the vw r8 cop won't fire (all the 8).
i check with the hardwer testing and i get 5.2 volt to the coils and i can see the led's turn on ,the ignition channels work but it won't spark i try all the setting i could find in the forums and nothing change, after few trys i get week spark only when i won't ground the spark plug (the coil in my hand-only the metal part on the coil ground the spark plug ).

on the next day i try again and i don't get nothing. then i discover that when i connect only the ground to the cop harness i have spark -just one, the strange thing is that i have spark only when the ecu have no ground :shock:
i am so confused.

sorry about the rough english :oops:

By PSIG
HugoW wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:58 am Sorry to hack this thread, did you get it to work? Did you use 10 ohm restistors as mentioned?
While waiting for the OP's reply, I'll add a couple notes. First, for best signal performance, the signal return (signal ground) pin of each coil should return to the ECM. While it will also "work" grounding the signal return and the power grounds to the engine block, that also assumes that the ECM is properly grounded with at least 3 grounds (e.g., IDC17, IDC19, and ECM Power Ground on a v0.4.4b) on separate wires to one point on the block. Do not ground your sensor ground pin to the engine block (e.g., IDC23). Only connect sensor grounds to that pin.

In order to limit interference, the heavy 12V power and power ground wires to each coil should be twisted together to limit EMI. The standard is 1-turn in 1" (25mm). The same for the small signal and signal return wires, to help reject noise that can return to the ECM.

Finally, the 10-ohm IGN output resistor is standard on the v0.4.4b. However, when pairing two coils for waste-spark each coil signal wire should have its own 8 to 18-ohm resistor added (10-ohm is fine) to prevent harmonics (like an echo signal) from one coil to the other, to avoid odd behavior. Hope that helps.

General concept:
Waste-spark_signal_resistors.jpg
Waste-spark_signal_resistors.jpg (32.14 KiB) Viewed 2402 times

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?