For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By jackscr
Yeah I was joking I know the tune does not change, I am trying to figure out with what to start to eliminate first ...EGO I know does nothing because when it's off it still behaves the same... what would be the next variable ? maybe turn off incorporate AFR?
By jackscr
oK ,what about the Multiply VE value by map ratio? what setting would you recommend? This is the only feature that is new to me and I set it to FIXED..because I already had a VE table from the previous tune...
By jonbill
Correlation between ignition advance and AFR, also interaction with IAC.
advance.png
advance.png (49.13 KiB) Viewed 3121 times
Also note you injector voltage correction table is 91% at the voltage you're running at, and injector time climbs steeply as voltage drops.
By jackscr
jonbill wrote:Correlation between ignition advance and AFR, also interaction with IAC.
Care to elaborate please?
jonbill wrote:Also note you injector voltage correction table is 91% at the voltage you're running at, and injector time climbs steeply as voltage drops.
I just set the injector voltage correction table as per suggestion on this very topic , it should as close as anyone can get it without lab equipment... I tested al four injectors and averaged the Dead time at differing voltage.. 13.2V being the standard normalized reference voltage so my running voltage will naturally fall bellow 100% .What is your concern about this?
By jonbill
jackscr wrote: Care to elaborate please?
I'm just repeating my suggestion that you're going lean because your idle advance adds 20 degrees when the IAC closes a bit, but with a picture of what I saw. correlation isn't necessarily causation as we all know, but it can be. And for the 4 stroke car engines I know, 45 degrees advance at idle is a lot. maybe even enough to cause misfire.
jackscr wrote: I just set the injector voltage correction table as per suggestion on this very topic , it should as close as anyone can get it without lab equipment... I tested al four injectors and averaged the Dead time at differing voltage.. 13.2V being the standard normalized reference voltage so my running voltage will naturally fall bellow 100% .What is your concern about this?
The slope is much steeper than in the reference tune, so looked funny to me - but if you've calculated it, then all good.

I would have a preference for my correction tables/graphs to be 100% in the normal operating range and in my experience, car electrics run at more like 14v than 13.2v, so I'd make that my 100%.
By jackscr
It does not add 20* because the IAC dips it adds 20 because the rpm dips like hell...if normal running it does not even get close to adding that much..the idle rpm is very stable when it's not acting up...
By jonbill
so am i looking at a log that isn't a log of the problem?

the rpm dips because the iac dips because the clt went up, but because your target rpm didn't go down at that clt, the idle advance goes up to compensate.
By jackscr
That log is representative BUT the rpm acts that way not because there is something wrong with the tune.... I keep saying this and I can't believe you are not listening... as I said the logs do not show anything of value... that is why I did not want to post any logs.. the tune was was fine... I tuned the idle and idle warm up rpm perfectly ...advance did not adjust more than 5 degrees to compensate and than this shit happened and everything went haywire... I will try to retune it again... But I have a feeling I ma chasing my tail retuning it than than it goes to shit... but this time maybe if a turn off as many variables maybe something pops up...
I hope it's not something stupid as I first believed like some weird spark lead fault...I tried to eliminate that by replacing the ecu... but who knows...
As soon theonewithin gives me a recommendation for the VE settings I will retune and I will post the results.
By theonewithin
Disable your corrections and log it.

If no one can see the issue so far either it's not related to the ECU (a physical problem with the engine) or something really strange with the ay you have things setup.

Basics troubleshooting is also to reduce variables to a minimum to help locate the problem.

So far you haven't done anything on that side of things and have just argued that it couldn't be this that or the other.

There is a reason. It's not no reason as or your original heading.

This I think is where you are getting yourself unstuck.

Go back to basics. Disable all modifiers. And drive. Log. If it runs perfectly then you at least know the issue is some setting you have done incorrectly.

Ideally though, of course you would finish getting your VE table sorted first.

Really really can't stress this more. VE table is what everything else uses.

If it's not right then nothing else will be right and you get these sorts of issues.

Stop taking shortcuts.
sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?