For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By jackscr
Nope, I think the diff is too small in the PW to account for anything... in the other log at 32.294 you can see the PW is 1.519 and AFR 14.2 ,and later at 38.483 PW is 1.538 and AFR is 14.76...
Yeah I don't know maybe I am being pedantic and I should just lower the AFR for idle and be done with it... and do the same for cruise... but it really bothers me that I have never encountered this before ,when I set a tune I expect it to be consistent in the same circumstances... idle sure it's more sensitive to variables .... but at cruise I should not get 1 AFR jumps...the volts do not jump around, CLT is stable, MAP is clean... TPS stable,IAT is stable,triggers are ok(rpm,cam) what else is there?
By LPG2CV
The controller is external to Speedy, where as the other sensors are connected internally, and operate within the bounds of Speedy. So perhaps there is a supply voltage or ground difference between Speedy and the controller.
By jackscr
LPG2CV wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:56 pm The controller is external to Speedy, where as the other sensors are connected internally, and operate within the bounds of Speedy. So perhaps there is a supply voltage or ground difference between Speedy and the controller.
The lambda controller you mean? If so than there should be a discrepancy between the reading on the dash gauge connected directly to the LC-1 controller and the speeduino reading,right? or am I missing something?
By LPG2CV
I'm just throwing ideas at you. :)
The only voltage you know is stable, is the voltage reported to you in the log. you are not monitoring the voltage (or more importantly, the amps) at the injectors/coil/s, or the O2 controller.

So, I am wondering if there is an intermittent connection, which is not turning off, but adding or removing resistance at a connection.

Speedy and the controller should ideally, share the same ground, and 12v supply. The injectors and coil/s will no doubt have fuses somewhere. are they clean and sound.

As to the gauge and Speedy showing the same value, I don't know :)

Edit

Thinking about it a little more after I posted.

the controller is sending the signal to both Speedy and the gauge, so yes, they could both show the same value. In effect, the gauge is external to the controller in the same way Speedy is.
By PSIG
I think @LPG2CV's point was that many effects are external. While your tune offset by GammaE indicates it's actually trying to fuel at 14.6 (not 14.0), external factors such as today's pump gas fuel blend, environmental, and other non-compensated issues may be at play here. Another example is that the calculations are set to not factor current baro, and there are no baro corrections either, so that means any baro change with weather or temperature will affect Lambda/AFR. Those are random examples only to make the point.

A different (but proactive) perspective is that Speeduino is doing whatever you told it to, by calculation. If conditions are stable, results should also be stable. If there is instability, and no calculations (or incorrect values) to offset, then the results will be unstable. Diagnostics in this case could be to find where the math goes sideways, and why. The data that Speeduino works with and bases its calculations on should supply some clues.

BTW - I'm seeing different ECM reaction in the logs than the tune settings would indicate. Did you change anything in the tune since the last posted tune file? In order to avoid confusion or concerns like this, just post the exact tune used to take the logs together, even if it hasn't changed.
By jackscr
PSIG wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:29 pm I think @LPG2CV's point was that many effects are external. While your tune offset by GammaE indicates it's actually trying to fuel at 14.6 (not 14.0), external factors such as today's pump gas fuel blend, environmental, and other non-compensated issues may be at play here. Another example is that the calculations are set to not factor current baro, and there are no baro corrections either, so that means any baro change with weather or temperature will affect Lambda/AFR. Those are random examples only to make the point.

A different (but proactive) perspective is that Speeduino is doing whatever you told it to, by calculation. If conditions are stable, results should also be stable. If there is instability, and no calculations (or incorrect values) to offset, then the results will be unstable. Diagnostics in this case could be to find where the math goes sideways, and why. The data that Speeduino works with and bases its calculations on should supply some clues.

BTW - I'm seeing different ECM reaction in the logs than the tune settings would indicate. Did you change anything in the tune since the last posted tune file? In order to avoid confusion or concerns like this, just post the exact tune used to take the logs together, even if it hasn't changed.
Well yeah I made changes as I already said, the IAC curve was slightly altered to account for the leaning at high temps and the injector voltage correction curve. completely forgot to post the tune ,sorry.
BUt the other stuff you mention about the variables would make sense if the problem was from one day to another or different runs... but the problem is during a sub 1min window in a single run.so it can't be baro corr or gas quality, I would say.
I agree that speeduino is doing what it's supposed to do but that only leaves an actual electrical or mechanical problem with the engine... so why does everything work perfectly when I switch ecu's ? the only thing different is the ecu and the fact that speeduino uses the cam sensor and the megasquirt does not.everything, including the O2 controller is wired the same... same ecu plugs, same everything ( I especially made it interchangeable, just in case.. :)
Attachments
(81.03 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Last edited by jackscr on Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jackscr
I would like to use the baro correction but without actually testing at different altitudes I cannot see any way to determine that curve accurately... so it is going to stay fixed for the time being
By jackscr
LPG2CV wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:11 pm I'm just throwing ideas at you. :)
The only voltage you know is stable, is the voltage reported to you in the log. you are not monitoring the voltage (or more importantly, the amps) at the injectors/coil/s, or the O2 controller.

So, I am wondering if there is an intermittent connection, which is not turning off, but adding or removing resistance at a connection.

Speedy and the controller should ideally, share the same ground, and 12v supply. The injectors and coil/s will no doubt have fuses somewhere. are they clean and sound.

As to the gauge and Speedy showing the same value, I don't know :)

Edit

Thinking about it a little more after I posted.

the controller is sending the signal to both Speedy and the gauge, so yes, they could both show the same value. In effect, the gauge is external to the controller in the same way Speedy is.
Wait a sec.. if the O2 controller is doing funny things how will that affect the actual AFR after a tune is set and done... if EGO is not enabled ? I mean in those logs the afr was going lean in the same conditions that dictated it should not be doing so.... AFR controller is irrelevant at that point it's just showing me a number, but the engine feels like the number is true as it lean misfires... sooo... the only thing that remains that could influence the actual AFR without EGO active would be the Include AFR variable right? or am I getting things mixed up ? :|
By jackscr
LPG2CV wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:14 pm Does it misfire because it's lean, or is it showing lean, because you have a misfire?
Yeah I thought about that and mentioned it before...but everyone was saying it must be the tune so I decided to eliminate that as a variable, and now that I experimented enough I can say for sure that there is no misfire issue independent of the lean mixture meaning I can have a leaning out condition and if I add fuel the misfire disappears.
MAP LOOKUP & TS DEFINITIONS

See how the write commands use the identifiers to […]

Ok, I feel so stupid. I was running the Uno output[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?