For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By Lukec1993
Hello everyone
First things first I'm new to this and can't wait to get started please bare with me and your help will really be appreciated can anyone help me with what I actually need to buy and where from
Where is the best place to buy a Arduino
And which board do I need
The car it will be running is a 4 cylinder 1.6 gti and if like to put bike throttle bodies
Many thanks
By theonewithin
Whichever one suits your requirements best...

It's your project. You should know what you want from an ECU.

You can go through what each board is capable of and choose what fits.
By Tony Evo
If it's a 1.6 16v, it's a very simple system.
2 injector channels
2-channel coils (to be amplified)
1 crank v3
external map
iat
tps
By dazq
Lukec1993 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:21 pm Brilliant thank you it's currently has a knock sensor is it still Needed?
As you should have read, knock sensing is currently not available, but I would just leave the sensor screwed into the block for future use, leaving it in place disconnected won't do any harm.
By boroko
I have been learning my way around the Speedy world for the past few months and reading as much as I can to learn the language, and process. Currently have a bespoke VW 2.0 16v that it is planned for and I have a UA4C that I'm learning with.

Evidently I'm overlooking something. I would have thought that knock control would have been a big deal, but I'm learning, maybe it's not.
As you should have read, knock sensing is currently not available
. This application is for a rally car that sees severe duty, so it a seems prudent thing to have. Now, I understand that if you plan and tune properly, you should not need it as much, but I'm still puzzled.

I do see a line in the source that is rem'd out, and I'll have to play with it to see how it works. Also reading up on knock schemes such as windowing and filtering. Should be an interesting journey.

Teach me...
Mark

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?