For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By HunterS628
Hey guys. Not sure if you remember me but I did one of (or the first, cant remember) VW Beetles on here 3 years ago now. I finally got around to doing some updates to the car and now im running into an issue. I just pulled my v0.4 and swapped in a UA4C. No hardware changed other than that. Uploaded my last tune from the v0.4 and changed the settings that needed changing. Now my board is not seeing the engine crank. I have the VR conditioner in there. I use a 24-1 wheel driven by the cam but is hooked up to pins 6(crank +) and 17(crank -) on the 11 pin header of the UA4C. This sensor was hooked up the the Crank lines on the v0.4 too. All my other inputs/outputs are working and I tested them (all but IAC that is). Not sure whats going on here. I attached my tune. Im sure im leaving out some details here and I am prepared to answer any questions. Thanks Fellas!
Hunter
Attachments
(79.11 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
By theonewithin
Swap Arduinos.

That way you can prove the issue isn't something to do with the firmware, tune or Arduino.

Then you can start looking at where you have something physically wrong.
By jnik
Hey Hunter,

I'm an absolute noob at this, so if I'm way off base, please ignore (and be kind!).

From the UA4C page:
Extra Stuff
NOTICE: This is an unofficial Speeduino board. Josh Stewart was very kind in adding a definition for this board to the Speeduino code.
This suggests to me that a definition line in the source code will need to be commented out (for the official Speeduino) and another uncommented (for the UA4C).

Perhaps there's a hardware difference between the two boards that results in your sensor being connected to a different Arduino pin ... ?

JNik.
By theonewithin
What? No. That's not what any of that means.

It just means that Josh has added the required info into the .ini file so you can select the correct board in the "Engine Constants" section.

And of course there are hardware differences.

The official Speeduino boards are the 0.3 and the 0.4.

Anything else is "unofficial".

Did you swap the 2 Arduino's?

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?