For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By mascotnoah
I've been having this issue since I installed my SpeedyEFI PNP. I can get the car to start and idle and itll start to drop over a minute to around 700rpm and a minute later by the time ive warmed up its settled at around 1500. I can drive around this time and use auto tune or even just keep the basemap even though I run a little lean but the moment I turn off the car itll refuse to Idle once i start it up again. Itll crank and start but immediately dump the RPM until I hit 0.
I cant really check the AFR during this because when i turn off my car and go to turn it back on my wideband goes to "heat mode" ill let it heat up before I start it up but as soon as i turn the key to crank the wide band turns off and turns back on to heat mode. Basically the wideband only heats up after i started and idled fo 5 second which the car wont let me. I've verified ignition timing but im really confused on where to go from here. Ive also autotuned warmup enrichment but it seems to make no difference.

Also I am a 91' 1.6 but i swapped the engine to an NB1.6 and im running a 90' 1.6 basemap. still kept all my wiring accessories and intake and exhaust manifolds pretty much all is the same besides the actual engine itself.
By Black Knight
My first thought is IAC or vac leak.

The wue is most likely keeping it rich enough during warm up, then you hit warm engine and your tune is lean just as you thought, then it will die.

Set your iac to closed and set your idle speed screw to a fast idle. Or set your iac as your idle speed but a little fast and unplug it. For now you need a fixed idle speed.

After you get the idle and above tuned so it wont die you could the set up the iac.

Don't forget to look for vac leaks. Raw propane will find it or carb leaner or some such way.

If that is not it then it could be some of the new options on the new TS and firmware that change tune setting when cold. Go widow by window and find these and learn how to set them up of nullify them.

Or as a quick cheat fix add 10% fuel at and near the idle. This is close to one afr and should help richen it up.

Good luck.

Black Knight
By mascotnoah
theonewithin wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:42 am You need to provide your tune and a log of issue please.
The first one is my tune. It's mostly the basemap besides some autotuner from around town.
The first log is me cold starting my car and letting it idle and after i stopped the log i turned it off and immediately logged the other log which is me trying to start it while warmed up. Keep in mind im in california so its not super cold out.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XmCCxb ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y7B_-B ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X7h-5p ... sp=sharing
By mascotnoah
Black Knight wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:43 pm My first thought is IAC or vac leak.

The wue is most likely keeping it rich enough during warm up, then you hit warm engine and your tune is lean just as you thought, then it will die.

Set nd set your idle speyour iac to closed aed screw to a fast idle. Or set your iac as your idle speed but a little fast and unplug it. For now you need a fixed idle speed.

After you get the idle and above tuned so it wont die you could the set up the iac.

Don't forget to look for vac leaks. Raw propane will find it or carb leaner or some such way.

If that is not it then it could be some of the new options on the new TS and firmware that change tune setting when cold. Go widow by window and find these and learn how to set them up of nullify them.

Or as a quick cheat fix add 10% fuel at and near the idle. This is close to one afr and should help richen it up.

Good luck.

Black Knight
I didn't think of a vacuum leak. I'll go ahead and check around for that today. If I dont find anything ill try and make the adjustments and see where it leads and update afterwards. I appreciate it.
By Black Knight
Don't forget the basics.

Not all faults are in your tune.

We all do this as new tuners. We blame the tune.

But more than enough will be.

Been there done that.

Black Knight
By ej8g82p
Are you using the speedy efi basemap? The VE fuel map they provide is super rich in the start up area (top left corner) There are 4 cells there that stand out. Take out fuel from those numbers and try again. It should also start if you turn it over with a wide open throttle.
By Black Knight
ej8g82p wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:18 pm Are you using the speedy efi basemap? The VE fuel map they provide is super rich in the start up area (top left corner) There are 4 cells there that stand out. Take out fuel from those numbers and try again. It should also start if you turn it over with a wide open throttle.

Good call on this one.

Don't forget the cranking enrichment or after start enrichment and cranking IAC.

There are some new and cool things on TS/new firmware that have an impact on starting.
All good things just more to learn and could be part of your issue.

I like the idea of flooring it to go in to flood clear. that will prove if it is too rich.
Make sure you have flood clear set up.
Good one.

Black Knight
By Chris Wolfson
For your AFR gouge problem, why don´t you just hook it up to the battery, with a fuse and a simple switch? Many cars have the strange habit to switch any accessory off during cranking. If you are at the wrong wire, this will let your wide band start up after any try to crank... you are on the wrong wire. Later, when anything works, try to find the ECU power wire, but as long as you tune, the switch option is best.
If you run auto tune, do not forget to save after each run, otherwise you will get nowhere with it. Common fault.

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i […]

STM32 development

Not yet, I have been too busy to look into it but […]

Hola a todos Actualizo!!! Me es grato comunicaros[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?