Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By HugoW
Hi,

I have my 2004 1.8 VVT engine running, but I have a lot of 'loss of connection' errors (says the person reading my logs). He says it has to do with the cam trigger not giving the signals the Speeduino expects. I understand that, as the VVT cam has three weirdly spaced teeth and I can only chose single tooth or 4-1 teeth in TunerStudio trigger settings. So, which one to chose? I now run with the single tooth setting.

Besides that, the VVT settings show a closed loop option, and the warning below it reads:
Please note that close loop is currently experimental for Miata patterns ONLY.
OK, my car is a VVT Miata, can I just use it? Does it know my cam trigger pattern? And how would I tune it if I do, as the VVT Table does not seem to change from Duty cycle table to for instance cam angle table?

Cheers,

Hugo
By dazq
The primary trigger setting must be what you have on the crank shaft.
closed loop vvt is an experimental thing as the message states and needs a single tooth only on the cam shaft as far as I am aware.
You must have both trigger wheel settings correct for anything to work properly.
By HugoW
Thanks, I need to change back to the stock Miata triggers, the 36-1 is not supported in combination with the cam trigger pattern. I just did and please check my new topic, as the car is now dead as a doornail.

Hugo
By pazi88
HugoW wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:33 am
Thanks, I need to change back to the stock Miata triggers, the 36-1 is not supported in combination with the cam trigger pattern. I just did and please check my new topic, as the car is now dead as a doornail.

Hugo
It works just fine with single tooth at cam. Trick is to use correct cam amgle at 0% duty value. There is bug in current FW where cam angle can overflow and what you see in TS isn't necessarily the real cam angle.
By HugoW
OK, thanks, that's good to know. Unfortunately the Miata has a weird 3-tooth cam, so I cannot do that, yet. I hope in a future firmware Miata cam and crank pulleys will be available separately, so I can run 36-1 crank and Miata 3-tooth cam.

Hugo
CLT sensor wrong reading

Thx for quick response, ill check it other day ;[…]

Hi, the original Novitec controller was much more […]

What knock sensor are you using? The stock […]

Another type1 Beetle motor

If you have crossbar linkage, you'll need a shorte[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?