For any discussion not specifically related to your project
I've been trying to source a transmission controller to use for my 4m40 with a v4a51 automatic. Basically a montero sport, challenger, later pajero/montero gearbox they used with the 4m40 mechanical diesel in 2000ish.

About the only thing I have found that I think will work is a megashift so far. From what I understand about the megashift is its quite complicated to setup. I'm hoping to find something else I may be able to use thats a bit more friendly. As of now, its hard wired for 3 speeds forward no lockup and reverse via the stock shifter and a 3 position switch.

Anyhow, any recommendations on where to look would be appreciated.
Gears will run standalone without a speeduino.
I'm not familiar with that gearbox so would need more information
the box came as a 4 speed, btu there was a 5 speed variant. I'm using the 4 speed.

Solenoids are listed here
https://www.sonnax.com/tech_resources/3 ... or-pin-out
List of solenoids
Low/Reverse Solenoid
Underdrive Solenoid
2-4 Solenoid
Overdrive Solenoid
TCC Solenoid

fsm on it here
http://www.lilevo.com/mirage/Manuals/RW ... %2023D.pdf

hydraulic system can be seen on page 8
it has vss, front intput shaft speed sensor. and rear output shaft speed sensor
The document I found seems to show it would be possible to configure a gearbox type in the firmware for these gearboxes. The wiki explains how to do this.
I have attached the document I found.

If you create a new type please submit a pr for the changes and I can look to include it in the official release.
airbats801 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:06 am I've been trying to source a transmission controller to use for my 4m40 with a v4a51 automatic. Basically a montero sport, challenger, later pajero/montero gearbox they used with the 4m40 mechanical diesel in 2000ish.

About the only thing I have found that I think will work is a megashift so far. From what I understand about the megashift is its quite complicated to setup. I'm hoping to find something else I may be able to use thats a bit more friendly. As of now, its hard wired for 3 speeds forward no lockup and reverse via the stock shifter and a 3 position switch.

Anyhow, any recommendations on where to look would be appreciated.
Hello, I happen to have the exact same box and i am running it in a V8 Pajero i have my own controller i have designed and written the code for its a plug and play solution for the Pajero MK2.

Features:
- Full Auto/Semi Auto (Paddle Shift, Gear Hold)
- Full Manual (Paddle Shift, Gear Hold)
- Original Temp Sensor Input
- Original Inhibator Switch Lockkouts
- Original Lockup Input

I havent finished testing and have two bugs to work out but its basically done.

I will add this is not an easy box to run without specific hardware all solenoids are PWM driven and depending on the duty cycle of each solenoid this then get you your gear, lockup, etc etc took me about three months to get it just right and im still not happy with it :lol:
Jason, I'd be interested in getting my hands on one of these setups. It would be nice to run it properly and not have this super sketchy 3 position switch and no lockup. I thought about making a lockup switch for this goofy thing, but a proper controller would be so much better. Shoot me a pm if this is something we can make happen.
happy birthday madam

Today, as we raise our glasses in her honor, let u[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

+1, distributor is being used as crank position, s[…]

Dude, use whatever you think will work best, or wh[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there wa[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?