For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By Chambabuilt
hello,

do you have a guide on how to setup the idle up pin? i can't seem to make it work.

tried grounding the IDC pin 36 but rpm wont rise
also tried selecting different IDC pin like 35, 47(proto area)

idle control:
PWM open loop
1 output

idle up settings:
idle up enabled - ON
idle up pin - 36
idle up pin polarity - normal
idle up amount - 15%
By LPG2CV
Hi, welcome

Can't say I've much experience with idle, as I haven't got that far.

I think the guys are going to need a little more information about the type of idle you have. How many wires does it have? Do you have a part number? If its a standard pert for your car, what car is it? Perhaps post an image. :)
By Chambabuilt
as far as my understanding the idle pin needs to be wired with the ac compressor trigger (ground or positive), once it is triggered speedy will know that the ac is on and will automatically increase rpm % based on the settings without the idle up valve.

i just can't figure out on how to set it correctly and if my theory is right.

toyota 3sge beams engine
By pazi88
evo_lucian wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 pm I believe the idle up pin you get to select in TS is an Arduino pin not an IDC pin. That means the switched ground you are using to control the idle up has to go to the Arduino directly.
Yes that's true. It's arduino pin. And also remember that there is no protection of any kind when connecting directly to arduino pin. And also the arduino pins can't handle +12v, so if the AC-control wire switches between 0 and +12v, it can't be directly connected to arduino idle-up input pin. There needs to be circuitry to protect the arduino and keep the line vomtage between 0-5volts. There is many ways to do this like for example use resistors to do voltage divinding and offer some protection and diodes can be used to clamp the voltage to below 5v. Or opto isolators can be used too for example.
By Chambabuilt
evo_lucian wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:03 pm I believe the idle up pin you get to select in TS is an Arduino pin not an IDC pin. That means the switched ground you are using to control the idle up has to go to the Arduino directly.
selected A15 in the idle up settings, when the engine starts up its already triggered and when grounding the A15 nothing happens.
By dazq
Chambabuilt wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:52 am finally got it to work. thanks for your help and ideas :)
Can you please post how you resolved this for others who may be Interested in the future.

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?