For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By Jama
Buzzliteyear wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:49 am if you have a better way to use a 2560 and have the tps firer a injector from 15% tps upwards without any triggers? please let me know.
Brett
You really don't need to be running speeduino at all, you are making life much harder for yourself.
You are really looking to drive an output (injector) via PWM against a variable input (TPS).

A similar application example can be found here.
https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroll ... entiometer

With some small modifications and testing you can find out what ADC reading is equal to 15% if your TPS and you can set the output off below that.

You can then scale the remaining values until full TPS to the output.
You could even implement a duty cycle limit at 90% for an example (so you injector is not just on.

James
By Buzzliteyear
@ Jama yes I know but if im going to put a uno or nano into a box with wires thought theres no difference using my mega 2560 pro board and then I could add to it later etc,

thanks for the link..... I may end up going that way in the interim until the CRD motor is removed

@lsdlsd88 live tune and a custom dash would be cool
By dazq
@buzzliteyear you are missing our point!
We are not saying don't use your mega 2560 pro board, simply that using the speeduino firmware to achieve what you are trying to do is somewhat overkill and more effort to "trick" the speeduino firmware into doing what you want than writing a simple ADC to pwm output program!
Then later on when you are going to use the speeduino firmwares to capability as intended then just reflash the mega2560 with no need to change the hardware.
By Buzzliteyear
@dazp do you mean load the sketch onto the 2560 board?
I know its over kill but it forces me to try learn abit about speedunio as I go.

over 50 its getting harder

Brett
By LPG2CV
Buzz
You are going to have to put some effort in here!

With Speedy, ideally you would use a sensor to detect a crank rotation. This would make it very easy to regulate the gas. Do you have such a thing?

This is also preferred as you can use lack of revolutions to turn off the gas supply in the event of an accident.
By Buzzliteyear
the factory ECU is still there and working and I would like to test the system out on that engine before it gets removed, so yes there is a crankshaft sensor on the flywheel in the bellhousing , can I tap into this without upsetting the factory ECU?
maybe a diode ?

my 15% TPS trigger start point should help in case of a accident. also
By LPG2CV
You could possibly just splice into the sensor loom. Its not something I have tried myself. Others may be able to advise. :)

But first, you need to determine the trigger pattern on the flywheel.

And, generally speaking, how many wires there are on the sensor, will tell you if it is a HE (3), or VR (2) sensor.

Does the engine have a OEM TPS?

There is a section in the Wiki regarding trigger wheels. You will do well to read the whole wiki though. :D
By Buzzliteyear
yes one thing I have not found yet was would I upset the factory ECU by slicing into it taking a tap to another device

the crank sensor is three wire and TPS is 6 wire( two separate variable resistors)
I cant find anywhere how many teeth the crank sensor has, I might be able to use my cheapo ebay special logic analyzer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X5YMsM ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bn1JNS ... sp=sharing
blitzbox

12v is unusual. You could probe it using 5v and se[…]

Hello to everyone! I am starting this thread beca[…]

STM32 development

Do you mean the "full clean" com[…]

The Max9926 or A2 , Is there anything else i wou[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?