For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By d0nny94
lsdlsd88 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:17 pm well you can see the injectors PW going up from 0 when it gets RPM but the fact that it only gets the signal sporadically. It will never run right. can you take a composite log?
ok so is pw and pw2 in the graph injectors if it is there not moving in original log from my first post
that would mean theres a setting wrong somewhere
and also now something with my cam sensor

thanks bud
By lsdlsd88
LPG2CV wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:45 pm There are two trigger wheel selections available for the Miata/MX5. Have you selected the correct one?
it's set as 4G63 as per the msq he posted
By LPG2CV
Hi again

just for clarity, im not an expert, and know even less about the miata. my electronics is very sketchy as well:)

just looked at your log (in Excel), and as lsdlsd88 has suggested, there is some weirdness going on.

However, just wanted to say, you have your fuel pump set to A9. I have searched through the code, and cant find a FP being assigned to A9. A9 is used in a few instances for a second O2 sensor or a baro sensor depending on the board selected. I do wonder if this is referring to something in the car wiring diagram, and this should be set back to the default pin.

I believe that a pin with an 'A' in front of it is an analogue pin, and its possible that voltage from your FP relay, is finding its way back to ground via this circuit and messing up other sensors analogue sensors on the way including your voltage readout.

The base tune for the miata lists FP as default, and I would have thought if was anything other than default, it would be set to it as i believe that tune is dedicated to the pnp board.

Of course, i could be completely off base here. :)
By d0nny94
LPG2CV wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:15 pm Hi again

just for clarity, im not an expert, and know even less about the miata. my electronics is very sketchy as well:)

just looked at your log (in Excel), and as lsdlsd88 has suggested, there is some weirdness going on.

However, just wanted to say, you have your fuel pump set to A9. I have searched through the code, and cant find a FP being assigned to A9. A9 is used in a few instances for a second O2 sensor or a baro sensor depending on the board selected. I do wonder if this is referring to something in the car wiring diagram, and this should be set back to the default pin.

I believe that a pin with an 'A' in front of it is an analogue pin, and its possible that voltage from your FP relay, is finding its way back to ground via this circuit and messing up other sensors analogue sensors on the way including your voltage readout.

The base tune for the miata lists FP as default, and I would have thought if was anything other than default, it would be set to it as i believe that tune is dedicated to the pnp board.

Of course, i could be completely off base here. :)
Hello

FP on a9 is written here https://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/MX5_PNP but this is assuming the pnp board is v1.1 and it is not so i guess i should remove that

That makes 100 percent sense to me as my cam sensor was working before the fuel pump did
Thanks a lot for your help :D

ive also found this and messaged the op on facebook to see what he ended up working out hopefully he remembers
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1891&p=26410&hilit=Mx5+1.8#p26410

Thanks all
By LPG2CV
Try setting pump back to default and burn settings. Remove usb, and power on at key. If the pump primes, you may be good to go. :D

If not, you may need to unpick some of the wiring changes you did. Look to see what is logical.
By d0nny94
LPG2CV wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:16 pm Try setting pump back to default and burn settings. Remove usb, and power on at key. If the pump primes, you may be good to go. :D

If not, you may need to unpick some of the wiring changes you did. Look to see what is logical.
Battery's on charge
i will change it back to default
if the fuel pump doesn't prime once its been placed back to default can i jump the pin to ground so the fuel pump runs or will that damage the board?
ill attach a wiring diagram with cables jumps
might end up being helpful

thanks
Attachments
Ecu pin out.png
Ecu pin out.png (249.96 KiB) Viewed 7692 times
By LPG2CV
Now that you have returned your FP pin to default, you could as @lsdlsd88 suggested, ground the FP relay via the diagnostic connector. the FP should run with key on. This should a least enable you to get fuel and spark when cranking.

if you look at the diagram, you can see the light green wire that comes from the FP gnd to the diagnostic plug, branches to the 48 pin socket, it is this pin that ultimately needs to connect to the FP pin on Speedy.

All this is assuming this is the correct wiring diagram. :)
By d0nny94
Sooo i changed the pin back to default once i had done this the fp stopped priming so i did as suggested fp to gnd fuel pump runs but looking through the logs my cam sensor is now not working
so either one of my jumper cables is grounding it out or the sensor died
ill cut the jumpers in a logical order and see if it comes back
Attachments
(36.23 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
By LPG2CV
I'm at a friends for the week dog sitting.

I require the 201905 ini and cant get it from Speeduino.com.

Could some one post it here for me please. :)

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?