Hello all i have just bought a pnp speeduino for my mx5 1.8
i have updated firmware
i have loaded the na6 basemap
i have set fuel-pump pin to A9
removed room fuse
disconnected AFM
when cranking i am getting a spark
but i dont seem to be getting fuel from what i can tell

just hoping someone can have a look at my log and see if they can see any issues
i cant hear the fuel pump but it is set to pin a9

Just worked out i have the pnp v1.0 board and there is a 1.1 that supports 1.8 aswell so looking into what i need to change
fuel pump looks like i need to solder cables between 2o and 2t

thanks for any help
Attachments
(51.99 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
By LPG2CV
Hi welcome

I'm not an expert at all

Turn on the ignition without USB plugged in, and listen for the fuel pump. Speedy will boot up from USB 5v and go through the prime routine, but the pump won't work, as it doesn't have switched 12v. This is not intended as a fix, just to determine if your FP primes. :)
By d0nny94
lsdlsd88 wrote:just as a test you can activate the fuel pump with the FP and GND pins in the diagnostic connector.
more or less did this i followed the pin out for the MX5 to see where the cable for the pump would be going went to the maf
and bridged it to the Fp pin and pump primed
But no start
not 100 percent if it was due to the battery being relatively flat at this point but no splutters

if anyone has a schematic for the PNP MX5 speeduino that would be extremely helpful
By d0nny94
LPG2CV wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:33 pm Hi welcome

I'm not an expert at all

Turn on the ignition without USB plugged in, and listen for the fuel pump. Speedy will boot up from USB 5v and go through the prime routine, but the pump won't work, as it doesn't have switched 12v. This is not intended as a fix, just to determine if your FP primes. :)
i would have never thought about the fact if speedy is usb fed it will miss the prime i have got it priming now but not starting :cry:
By LPG2CV
Perhaps turn it on and off a few times, just to push any air away from the injectors.

Then its time to post both your tune, and a log of you trying to start it.

Always post a log with the tune that was current when the log was taken. :)
By d0nny94
LPG2CV wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 pm Perhaps turn it on and off a few times, just to push any air away from the injectors.

Then its time to post both your tune, and a log of you trying to start it.

Always post a log with the tune that was current when the log was taken. :)
it runs on stock ecu with maf plugged in so injectors should be primed

well progress so far ive solder a jumper cable between 1.6 pump pin to 1.8 and fuel pump now works correctly
and 1.6 fan location to 1.8so fan should work
but still not starting
and looking at the log the cam signal seemed to drop out now :x

attached tune and log
also the board already has a trace between 1.6 tps and 1.8 but tps is not working
thanks
Attachments
(52.29 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
(77.27 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
By lsdlsd88
1) seems like you didnt calibrate your temperature sensors. *EDIT actually they might be ok I was getting confused between C and F, but they swing all over the place, might be due to the voltage during cranking..

2) definitely something going on with the RPM signal..

3) battery seems to be suffering (I assume from your starting attemps), give it some support :D
By d0nny94
lsdlsd88 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:38 pm 1) seems like you didnt calibrate your temperature sensors. *EDIT actually they might be ok I was getting confused between C and F, but they swing all over the place, might be due to the voltage during cranking..

2) definitely something going on with the RPM signal..

3) battery seems to be suffering (I assume from your starting attemps), give it some support :D
1) hopefully it is due to voltage

2) yea was fine before i added jumper cables

3)I had it jumping off another car. battery is too low now

in the log viewer is there a way to see if injectors are being triggered?
if there is and they are i have fuel pressure i have spark so it should run
By lsdlsd88
well you can see the injectors PW going up from 0 when it gets RPM but the fact that it only gets the signal sporadically. It will never run right. can you take a composite log?

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?