Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
For any discussion not specifically related to your project
Well since no actual definition of the "competing ECU" has been given, it's not possible for me to say if it is the same. But I can tell you what it does in Speeduino:

Firstly it only operates if the O2 sensor type is wideband.

If it is enabled then during the pulsewidth calculation the latest O2 reading is taken and divided by the AFR target for the cell(s) we are in. That calculated ratio is then used to scale the calculated pulsewidth. It's done before any gamma corrections are applied and before the injector open time is applied.

I guess the translation of this is that if the target AFR and the current AFR are not the same, then the pulsewidth is either increased or decreased in order to drive the AFR towards the target.

I'm not sure I understand why the VE table has to be retuned for this (that is what the help comments say).
ric355 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:21 pm
Well since no actual definition of the "competing ECU" has been given, it's not possible for me to say if it is the same. But I can tell you what it does in Speeduino:

Firstly it only operates if the O2 sensor type is wideband.

If it is enabled then during the pulsewidth calculation the latest O2 reading is taken and divided by the AFR target for the cell(s) we are in. That calculated ratio is then used to scale the calculated pulsewidth. It's done before any gamma corrections are applied and before the injector open time is applied.

I guess the translation of this is that if the target AFR and the current AFR are not the same, then the pulsewidth is either increased or decreased in order to drive the AFR towards the target.

I'm not sure I understand why the VE table has to be retuned for this (that is what the help comments say).
You would want a well tuned VE table to start with, that matches your AFR target table.. This way the multiplier is working with good data to start with.
cmjdevco wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 pm

You would want a well tuned VE table to start with, that matches your AFR target table.. This way the multiplier is working with good data to start with.
That makes sense, but the text reads as though even if your VE table is good it would have to be retuned if you changed the setting:

Quote from the help text: "When enabled, the current AFR reading is incorporated directly in the pulsewidth calculation as a percentage of the current target ratio. VE table must be retuned when this value is changed. "

That seems pretty direct but I still can't see a reason for it.
If it is the same as megasquirt, I have found that if you have a good tune with that setting turned off. You can turn it on and go through your VE and AFR target maps , (Target AFR/14.7) * VE = New VE and do that for each of the 256 cells of the map.
Was just wondering if the math would be the same.
ric355 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:04 pm
cmjdevco wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:55 pm

That makes sense, but the text reads as though even if your VE table is good it would have to be retuned if you changed the setting:

Quote from the help text: "When enabled, the current AFR reading is incorporated directly in the pulsewidth calculation as a percentage of the current target ratio. VE table must be retuned when this value is changed. "

That seems pretty direct but I still can't see a reason for it.
In a perfect world, the change in AFR table will be a linear multiplier so you would not need to retune the table but you are still relying on 'old data' to run your motor. Having an up to date VE table is best and the incorporate AFR will help you when you stray due to variable factors.
This setting is by definition really a really unstable oscillation.

Imagine the following:
Target is 12, actual is 14. Multiplier is added to injector duty.
Target is still 12, but now the actual is also 12. Multiplier is removed. Target is yet again 12, but actual is now again 14. Rinse and repeat
And by competing ecu's, i would suspect the megasquirt being the actual competitor.

The "incorporate afr" in their calculations is really neat. When enabled, the target afr is a constant value taken from the target map into the fueling calculations, and when the ve table is tuned, it should match the target afr.

If, for any reason, you decide you want to run leaner or richer, then by changing the target afr table you have changed that multiplier, and without retuning your ve table, you should hit that goal.
runesm wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:29 pm
The "incorporate afr" in their calculations is really neat. When enabled, the target afr is a constant value taken from the target map into the fueling calculations, and when the ve table is tuned, it should match the target afr.
this is what i am expecting it is doing in speeduino too, it should have nothing to do with the "current afr reading" meaning what the afr sensor is reading. that is only used if o2 closed loop fueling is enabled.
turbo timer function?

Indeed you can easily add a $5 timer relay on the […]

It seem like no one is using it yet. So you should[…]

Yeah I think it needs one squirt at 0 and the othe[…]

@ MegaTun, Sorry for the late reply. For private r[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?