Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By AL_AOA
Hi,

I tried my best to search for similar topic,
Please redirect me if there was one.

I have all sensors calibrated and tested, coils and injectors are controlled by ECU, I am using VR crank sensor, I can see the conditioner LED blinking while cranking, crank trigger wheel is missing tooth 60-2, 4 cylinders 1800cc. 4 wires COP and paired injectors. I am able to see my crank sensor signal on my scope. I am using the free Tuner Studio version, having trouble registering the paid one, so I couldn’t use the data logger.

I don’t see cranking, sync nor no sync lights on my TunerStudio

I later scoped the cam sensor signal, and it goes from 22v to -33v, is that normal? I haven’t connected it yet

I’ll atach the crank signal from my scope, and my modified settings basic tune file. I had fuel pump, coils and injectors disconnected from the beginning, I just want to make sure all is right and safe before running the engine. Once I get an answer I’ll move to timing check, then run the engine!
IMG_0601.png
IMG_0601.png (238.65 KiB) Viewed 5329 times
By PSIG
^^^ Answer those questions first. :!:

Then answer:
  • Exact model of signal conditioner?
  • Post your tune file :!:
  • Is spark set to sequential or waste-spark?
  • Is the image below a full 60-2 trace from gap-to-gap?
If this is your signal, you have strong random pulses, but only after the first rev. So it may be ignition or injector interference. Set Trigger Setup > Skip Revolutions for 3 or more cycles, so we can see the 'scope trace change from no output to active output.

Also, 'scope the conditioner output for what signal it is sending to the processor, relative to the input signal.

AL_AOA_scope_60-2.jpg
AL_AOA_scope_60-2.jpg (19.64 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
By AL_AOA
jonbill wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:44 pm No tune file attached ;)
Which board and how are the jumpers set?
What is the pattern on your cam trigger?
my apology about the code.

Board V0.4.3d latest

jumpers based on the manual JP2 Hall JP3 & JP4 & JP5 off (removed the jumpers)

Cam pattern please check photo attached
Attachments
cam_send_forum.PNG
cam_send_forum.PNG (30.24 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
(85.07 KiB) Downloaded 686 times
By AL_AOA
PSIG wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:01 pm ^^^ Answer those questions first. :!:

Then answer:
If this is your signal, you have strong random pulses, but only after the first rev. So it may be ignition or injector interference. Set Trigger Setup > Skip Revolutions for 3 or more cycles, so we can see the 'scope trace change from no output to active output.

Also, 'scope the conditioner output for what signal it is sending to the processor, relative to the input signal.

AL_AOA_scope_60-2.jpg

1. signal conditioner: https://wtmtronics.com/product/dsc-dual ... tioner-vr/
2. code posted previous reply
3. spark set to wasted spark :( I will set it to sequential
4. Is the image below a full 60-2 trace from gap-to-gap? yes!
5. If this is your signal, you have strong random pulses, but only after the first rev. So it may be ignition or injector interference. Set Trigger Setup > Skip Revolutions for 3 or more cycles, so we can see the 'scope trace change from no output to active output. Will do!
6. Also, 'scope the conditioner output for what signal it is sending to the processor, relative to the input signal.
Could you please tell me which pin to scope? I cannot find the schematics of the VR board I bought

best regards
AL
By AL_AOA
Correction VR not hall, I wrote Hall by mistake

I didn’t connect the CAM yet because of the huge VPP value (22v to -33v)
Attachments
IMG_0605.png
IMG_0605.png (277.89 KiB) Viewed 5105 times
By AL_AOA
PSIG wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:01 pm ^^^ Answer those questions first. :!:

Then answer:

AL_AOA_scope_60-2.jpg
I found this schematic of the VR conditioner board, I assume pin 8 for crank and pin 7for CAM to ECU. So I wll try to scope them.

source : https://github.com/speeduino/Hardware/b ... 0.4.3d.pdf
Attachments
VRcond.PNG
VRcond.PNG (287.68 KiB) Viewed 5069 times
By AL_AOA
I scoped Pin 8 on IC3, and this is the crank signal to the ECU( ARDUINO) I had issues with my scope oveerlapping two signals crank vs conditioned
Attachments
VRsigOut.PNG
VRsigOut.PNG (19.22 KiB) Viewed 5049 times
By PSIG
The 'scope trace looks good, but only first rev. We can't see the 2nd rev where the spikes occur, so please take a new shot with only the one output so results are clear. I'm not trying to make work for you, but your issue is "no RPM reading" and we are focusing on that.
  • Jumpers: JP1 = 5V; JP2 = VR/TSC; JP3 = VR/TSC; JP4 = OFF; JP5 = OFF
  • VR polarity checked, (+) wires to (+) inputs, (-) wires to (-) inputs
  • Falling edge for both sensors (DSC is non-inverting output).
  • Spark settings depend on coils and wiring. CoPs on 4 outputs + crank-only = Wasted CoP
  • Injector settings also depend on wiring
  • Test - New Ignition Mode = NO
  • Cranking RPM = 400
With that huge spike after the gap, the DSC is a good choice of conditioner, as the MAX conditioners would miss teeth. Verify all teeth are being seen on the output.
Verify there are no flashes on the cam signal LED output at any time. If there are, tie the VR2- input to any ground point with a 0 to 1k resistor, so it does not float and give false signals, losing sync.
The high cam VR signal voltage is OK for now, but may need a shunt resistor later when connected and tested at higher-rpm.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?