Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Roley
I have a 4 cylinder running wasted spark and batch fuel with a 36-2-2-2 trigger wheel. I locked the timing at 0 and attached a timing light to cylinder 1 after finding true TDC on cylinder 1, with the trigger angle on 0 the timing light fires roughly 180 degrees out. I then attached the timing light to coil 2 out of curiosity and the timing light still fires at the exact same point as coil 1. Despite all this the engine sounds like it running great the whole time.

I then decided to find true TDC of cylinder 2 and mark that, I'm marking the TDC on the flywheel as there is no access to the balancer. With the timing light back on cylinder 1 I can now see that its fires 10 degrees off Cylinder 2 TDC. I then set the trigger angle to -10 and now cylinder 1 is firing exactly at cylinder 2 TDC mark, my thinking was that because I'm running wasted spark and a non adjustable timing light that it will show double what the engine is actually doing but I cant get my head around it and if Ive actually set the trigger offset correctly.

During testing with the trigger angle at -10 I thought I could hear some spark knock but its hard to tell exactly as its in a noisy rattly boat. I'm very new to tuning so any input on why it seems like its firing 180 out and if my trigger angle is correct would be greatly appreciated.
By Roley
I was running the latest but for some reason I was having problems with tunerstudio disconnecting from the ecu very often so I went back to an old firmware and that fixed it and ive been running that since, so I don't know what was going on there but I am using a very old laptop if that had anything to do with it.
By Roley
Would the fact that its wasted spark make the timing light trigger 180 degrees out when attached to cylinder 1? I made sure cylinder 1 was on the compression stroke when I marked TDC. I even set the trigger angle to 180 and that acted like it truly was 180 out.

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?