Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By stum
Hi All,

Time to start a new project. Actually for a friend.

He has Just done a motor conversion on his Truck from a supercharged 999cc Suzuki engine to a 1400cc (CR14) vvti Nissan. Still running the Factory ECU and DBW setup. currently causing a few issues.

It has a few challenges going forward so I thought I would float them out for your idea's and comments.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=10480
download/file.php?mode=view&id=10479
download/file.php?mode=view&id=10478

Attached are the Crank and Cam triggers.

Crank trigger looks like a 34 tooth (notch's) trigger wheel (hall effect pickup) with 2 missing teeth. 180' apart. Not ideal as it will not easily divide by 360' . Plan to make a new cutout to make it at 34-1. But need to split the motor and gearbox to make sure the picture is accurate and they are equally spaced.

So a Non 360 deg trigger will be the only choice, unless I make and install a new trigger wheel on the crank ie 36-1. but would prefer not to unless i have to.

Has any one had any experience with this trigger pattern. i have read it has a few special requirements.

The Cam is a real fancy one. number of teeth = current cylinder to fire (Also Hall effect). Don't think there is any thing for that one........

We will be replacing the DBW throttle with a SR20 cable operated one (as its on the shelf) and TPS
COP factory smart coils
VVTI - Open loop to start with until we get the Cam trigger sorted.
And a KiwiEFI ecu (as I live in NZ where they are made) One of his fancy ones
has MAP and IAT on current engine in loom. which will get reused.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Attachments
CrankPattern.jpg
CrankPattern.jpg (212.21 KiB) Viewed 933 times
CamPattern2.jpg
CamPattern2.jpg (210.23 KiB) Viewed 933 times
CamPattern1.jpg
CamPattern1.jpg (169.92 KiB) Viewed 933 times
By briney
with the crank trigger, can you add a slot in the middle of one of the missing parts to make it 36-1? i guess you won't know until you pull the box out.
By KiwiNeil
It is a artists impression but looks to me like it is 33 notches, a gap of 2 notches on the LH side “gap” and a gap of 1 notch on the RH side “gap” so cutting two extra slots looks like a good solution.
I think it is just the artist drawing not being exact but the two notches above the RH gap are closer together than all the others.
By stum
Did a bit more digging and found these crank and cam traces. For a C11/HR16DE Nissan Tiida. But would be practible for Nissan to use a common trigger. Teath look equally spaced. But looking at the dwell time on the second trace, it might be missing two teath on each flat. which would make it a 36 tooth wheel. That would be Brillant if it is

download/file.php?mode=view&id=10504
download/file.php?mode=view&id=10503
Attachments
clip0928.png
clip0928.png (46.15 KiB) Viewed 713 times
clip0927.png
clip0927.png (18.01 KiB) Viewed 713 times
By KiwiNeil
Those traces are showing it is a 36-2-2, so it does look like your first drawings are a artists impression of the tooth pattern.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?