Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By MGDavid
I am building a NO2C to enable mapped ignition on my 1974 MGB. It has higher than standard compression, 10.6:1, and the standard ignition curve results in pinking under certain conditions. Mapped ignition would allow the advance to be backed off under those conditions without reducing the timing overall.

I have the Arduino and the NO2C board which I bought from DIY-EFI here in the UK. I also have some of the parts already.

My first question relates to the BoM I downloaded. There are some parts near the bottom that don't have a board location reference.

The first of these is "Shunt - 5 required - part no. 2-382811-1 or STC02SYAN". What are these far and where do they go?

The second of these is "1 Position 2.54mm male tin - 60 required - part no. 68001-400HLF". I assume these are some kind of pin header, perhaps to go around the edge of the board. If so, is there any reason why I shouldn't by them in strips which I can cut to length for the various locations rather than buy singles?

Thanks in advance.
By PSIG
MGDavid wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:09 pm
The first of these is "Shunt - 5 required - part no. 2-382811-1 or STC02SYAN". What are these far and where do they go?
They are shunts (selector jumpers), to select IO, such as ignition signal voltage or input VR/Hall, etc. When shopping, search the number to see what it is. I steal them from old desktop computers. :lol:
MGDavid wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:09 pm
The second of these is "1 Position 2.54mm male tin - 60 required - part no. 68001-400HLF". … is there any reason why I shouldn't by them in strips which I can cut to length for the various locations rather than buy singles?
Certainly, and is how they are typically sold, in strips you cut to length. Again, search the part to see what it is and how you need to use it on your PCB.
By MGDavid
Well, my next daft question is as follows.

I have bought a 5v hall sensor. It is a Facet 9.0443 with 3 terminals, 5v supply, earth, signal.

The plan was to source the 5v from the board and use one of the board earth pins. The signal would also go to the appropriate trigger pin and no conditioner board would be needed as its 5v hall.

On the board I see there are 4 holes bracketed together as trigger, PRI+, PRI-, SEC+, SEC-. Which do I need?

I have also seen comments about pull up resistors. What do they do and will I need one?
By jonbill
pri1 for the signal. the pullup should be a jumper on the board.
the pullup will bring the signal up to 5v when its not explicitly grounded by the sensor (as I understand it)
By PSIG
+1. Use Speeduino 5V pin for (+)power, the (-)ground to one Speeduino ground pin for all sensor grounds only (the other ground pins for power grounds to the engine block). Send the (out) signal to VR1+/Pri1/RPM1 pin.
Facet_9•0443_Hall_sensor.png
Facet_9•0443_Hall_sensor.png (102.13 KiB) Viewed 228 times
By PSIG
The connections above are only typical. I always bench-test my sensors to verify their function. Some have built-in pullups, some need 8V or 12V, some trigger low over a tooth or the opposite, some have incorrect diagrams… and so on. Knowing what to expect saves some hair-pulling. :lol:
By MGDavid
Rather than buy a kit I just bought the NO2C board and arduino from DIY EFI. The NO2C board is described as V0.2.2 on the invoice. In case it is relevant I should say v0.2.2 does not appear on the board but it does have vD1 printed on it.
Then I bought the components from, mainly, Digitech and Farnell using the BoM that I downloaded.

Having now soldered many of the components to the board I find there is one item I have with no place on the board, C10, and one item marked on the board that is not on the BoM, R15. Can someone give me a part number for R15 please?
Cylinder Wiring question

speeduino fires its channels in the order 1,2,3,4.[…]

Hi, I'm looking at using a Speeduino for a small […]

PCB for BMW m52 engine

You can extend the data curve to find the correct[…]

These are hard to remember.

Still can't find what you're looking for?