Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
LAV1000 - Thanks for the reply. Want to get it right first time round if possible, and yes, I am confused, will get there. Know enough to be dangerous. ;)

Did another scope trace on the spark igniters. Think I got the correct wire this time:
Spark Ignter Wave Form 1.JPG
Spark Ignter Wave Form 1.JPG (90.4 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Spark Igniter Trace 4.JPG
Spark Igniter Trace 4.JPG (89.87 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Still have some teething issues with how to get different settings, but these two pics do correlate. The ECU grounds the spark igniter, voltage goes to "0". The coil charges for approximately 10 ms, ECU removes the ground and the coil fires through the spark plug (coil discharge wave form). Did a scope trace of the 12 VDC input to the spark igniter from the electrical system. Don't know what to think of this:
System 12VDC to Spark Igniter.JPG
System 12VDC to Spark Igniter.JPG (94.39 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
. Have all three in the same place, time to move on. Going with GOING HIGH, think that is what I have presently.
Did a test of JB Weld strength a while back for a different project. Used JB Weld to secure a nut to a piece of angle iron:
JB Weld Test.JPG
JB Weld Test.JPG (127.93 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
Let it cure inside for a few days then applied 30 ft/lbs of torque to it. As good as if welded. Thinking this will be good for the O2 sensor bung. Supposed to be good for temps up to 550 deg F. The only real estate available for install is where the pinkish dot is on the exhaust header:
Exhaust Header .JPG
Exhaust Header .JPG (62.17 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
Tight fit but it will do.
Hole drilled for the O2 sensor. Inside overnight to get to room temp, works much better, start the JB Weld process tomorrow:
O2 Sensor Hole.JPG
O2 Sensor Hole.JPG (133.03 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
Concurrent activity will include vacuum hoses for the new Speeduino, going over the speeduino wiring to make sure the connectors are correct, connect the new baro sensor and checking all the settings in TS.

Should be able to install the Speeduino this week and give it a go - quite exciting and scary as well.

Plugs will be out, and #1 cylinder connected to the timing light.

Found a thread started on the NGW forum; "I think I may have found the true meaning/purpose of our forum". Good read, and fits me to a "T" as well as others I'm sure: https://ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=77808 Have to keep the grey matter exercised.

Cheers
Unfortunately, I can't see that JBWeld lasing long! Hope I'm wrong.

I used it for injector bungs, and it lasted about 18 months. I paid a lot of attention to cleaning before glueing and clamping. The bungs were aluminium, and the extra expansion-contraction could have added to the issue. If you are in a position to get that welded, I would do so. :)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1329&p=42736&hilit=lpg#p42736
The whole going high-low issue is getting out-of-hand for something so simple in concept. I'd just pass for now, as the final setup when cranking will also tell you if your settings are pooched, with dwell dominating, or spark at clearly incorrect relative placement, etc. I would move-on for now.
PSIG/LPG2CV (understand how your moniker is put together): Quite right. GOING HIGH will be the setting, done scientifically :D. Mentioned the OEM testing requirements in a previous post. Tested the spark igniter with GOING LOW, did not match the OEM test requirements. Switched to GOING HIGH, test results same as OEM test requirements.

Read through LPG2CV's build. Lots of the same questions.

Onwards with the "to do" list.
Ignition Angle doubled?

+1, distributor is being used as crank position, s[…]

Dude, use whatever you think will work best, or wh[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there wa[…]

Peugeot 205 rallye

Controller egt and oil temp

Still can't find what you're looking for?