Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
PSIG - a while back you recommended purchasing an inexpensive logic analyzer, did that and think I mentioned so:
Logic Analyzer.JPG
Logic Analyzer.JPG (109.73 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
Getting quite the assortment of gadgets. Needs software to work, any suggestions? Have looked on line.
Rednaxs60 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:13 pm The OEM ECU has small MAP type sensor on the cct board:
1985 versus 2019 ECU.JPGHad queried what this is used for and after some good amount of reading and understanding, I have come to the conclusion it is used as a real time baro sensor considering that the OEM ECU has two external MAP sensors used.
It is for barometric sensing, you usually find that Denso ECUs that were used outside the US didn't have them fitted as it was primarily for emissions so they aren't critical but it is a nice to have if the weather changes a lot like it does in the UK.
LPG2CV wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:10 pm I appreciate the close to OEM strategy, But, this is about you! Regarding Baro ... do you go up and down significant altitude a lot? :)
I have to admit it's probably for me, but there are several areas where I ride on Vancouver Island that are rather hilly.

Anytime I leave Vancouver Island, it is up and down through the mountains, and will probably be two up riding. Sort of like the new handheld OWON unit I bought, did I need it, no, but I did want it. :D

Checked the board for continuity with Arduino pins A5/A15. Not connected to the IDC connector that I could see. Checked the schematic, no indication of an on board baro cct. Another mini project down the road. Always learn a lot from these mini projects.
The Saleae software is typical for those logic analyzers, although there are other options. You can try the latest software from their site, but I don't know if it is fully enabled. If no joy and searches fail, LMK and I'll find a way to send you the 5yo v1.2 package I've been using, but it's too big to post here (58MB).

For baro, minimally use the single MAP sensor and select Baro in the VE Table settings, so it will read startup baro into the fueling. Tweak the baro for your package and it will stabilize the tune through minor weather, altitude, etc. I prefer real-time baro (2nd baro sensor) in areas of rapid weather or altitude change; although I've used the single startup baro in the mountains, occasionally coasting in neutral and switching the engine off and restarting for a fresh baro read. :lol: Performance and economy change with a new baro reading is noticeable.
PSIG - thanks for the offer. I use wetransfer.com to send large files. Can send you my email.

Real time baro sensing is the better way to go, have to keep up to my HD friends in the mountains. More research to be done to fully understand the baro issue and requirements.

Quick question. The v0.4.4 board has the integral MAP sensor. I want to use an external MAP sensor if possible. Do I have to disable the integral MAP sensor to do this. Main reason is the enclosure case is virtual waterproof and putting holes in it defeats the purpose. The metal enclosure slips into the waterproof enclosure.

Brother has sent my Father's timing light through the post. Should be here next week. More work to do before engine start. Rain week coming up, good time to work on the GW.

Engine simulator form DIY-EFI arrived as well.
In the schematic attached, you can see the circuit used for the map sensor. It's an older version with individual diodes for protection, rather than a diode pack. If you duplicate the circuit you will have the filtering and protection you need.

It is probably simplest to use the external map as map, and the internal map as baro. To do this, if you lift the signal leg of the internal map and connect it to your new circuit, you then connect the external map to the pad you lifted the leg from. You also need to pick up 5v and gnd from the board. You also need to tell TS the new baro pin. :)
Attachments
Speeduino v0.3.2_schematic.png
Speeduino v0.3.2_schematic.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1067 times
[EDIT] Jinx! @LPG2CV got it, and Sigrok that @LAV1000 mentioned is good if you're using/logging multiple devices.
Rednaxs60 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:54 pmQuick question. The v0.4.4 board has the integral MAP sensor. I want to use an external MAP sensor if possible. Do I have to disable the integral MAP sensor to do this.
No, 2nd Baro (real-time) is in-addition to the MAP sensor. Default is MAP (onboard) on Mega pin A3. Add another to any analog pin you like, such as A15.

Most sensors do not have their own filter circuits, so the resistor, cap and diode(s) are typically added in the proto area, and jumped to the pin connection. This isn't complicated. Signal-in on an IDC pin, jumped to the proto filter, and then to the uC pin, using the proto jump points.
Rednaxs60 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:54 pmMain reason is the enclosure case is virtual waterproof and putting holes in it defeats the purpose. The metal enclosure slips into the waterproof enclosure.
Holes are not an issue, and what bulkhead fittings are for. On-board and external are equally effective, and 1 tube often easier to route than 3 wires in many cases. However, MAP tube kits like this include the bulkhead fitting, silicone hookup tubing, and semi-rigid nylon signal tube (about 14AWG size) to fit in the wiring harness for clean installations. Do what makes you giggle.

A consideration is using baro inside a sealed case. If truly watertight, the readings will lag, not respond, or read wrong due to expansion/contraction. If running internal Baro and external MAP, the wiring is switched around (external to MAP solder points, and vice-versa). Or, the MAP pin assignment is changed in the utils file in code to the external pin you use.

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i […]

STM32 development

Not yet, I have been too busy to look into it but […]

Hola a todos Actualizo!!! Me es grato comunicaros[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?