Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By MattSkelton
When i made my home made plenum I placed the IAT sensor on the plenum end above intake . Now on cold this is all good but when i park up to go shopping and restart my IAT is reading high . I have put heat reflection on the plenum its still warm.

My thinking is if i placed the IAT sensor further down the intake pipe to probably just after the filter i would get better reading. The filter is placed just infront of the radiator.

Anyone else any ideas.
By LPG2CV
further away from latent heat, and in a good airflow at idle. I found I had to compromise.
By MattSkelton
yep i think thats what i am going to have to . I'll move it down to just behind the filter i think
By PSIG
+1, and I have found the same to just position in ambient air, typically in-front of the radiator support or protected in the air filter works. Mostly. :lol: However, you may want to try using your IAT Density Corrections to "ignore" temperatures above any reasonable and normal value, with the current sensor position.

The example below is random, but shows IAT flat-lines above 50°C, so it will lean from cold to warm readings up to 50, but not above that temperature reading. We assume the heat soak is a false reading above actual MAT, and this ignores (does not further correct) the false value above that actual or effective temperature. You may even add fuel at higher temps, if indicated by test results. It is a correction, after all. ;)

Your numbers and values will of course be very different from the example for everything from fuel % to what temp is 100% and what temp it should ignore anything hotter. It is not a perfect solution, won't work with forced induction, and you will need to spend some time testing. I imagine the most obvious data will be your Lambda (AFR) at and following startup. Logging that data should allow you to find the balance between heat soak, actual heat, and rapidly-falling temp after start. To do this, I would need to ensure the WBO2 is fully warmed and reading before warm cranking, and that it does not reset during the start sequence. ;) Have fun, and let us know how it goes.

IAT_Corr_flatline_over_actual.jpg
IAT_Corr_flatline_over_actual.jpg (20.87 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
By MattSkelton
Psig that looks a good plan. I have a new boss for my IAT Sensor so am going to put just behind the filter in front of the rad.

I took the car for a 1000 mile run at the weekend, the car is a 1982 TR7 2.0l naturally aspirated. The car acceleration and performance was a marked improvement over cars still on twin carb set up out accelerating them.

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?