Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By pigboy306
I am slowly working on my my EFI conversion for the TR7.
The engine is a normally aspirated twin carb ATM, I am obviously planning to lose the carbs.

I have a DIY-EFI Core 4 ECU which i have wired in. As i only have a magnetic crank sensor I will be using a wasted spark system.
I set the car to TDC and installed the first tooth after the gap under my sensor.
I figured I could get the ECU to run the ignition side only before moving onto the EFI side of things. The car is my daily driver so i dont want it off the road .

Running the car on my normal distributor and carb set up i can get the new Speeduino/coil pack to output a spark to spare plugs I had lying around. The coil pack has a built in ignitor it has a 4 pin connector for earth 12v and the two trigger wires. Connecting a Timing light to Number 1 on the coil pack i get timing at 10 BTDC which is spot on for idle.
So I swap the HT Leads out disconnecting the coil and connecting the coil pack to the sparkplugs in the engine. I crank her over and no signs of life at all.
In Tunerstudio i have set MAP to be the control method for the spark table.

The spark plugs i have are platinum ones. Is there something special I should know about spark plugs /leads.

Am i missing something blindingly obvious
By LPG2CV
sparkplugs will need to be resistor type, though that may not be the initial issue.

perhaps post your tune
By pigboy306
Thanks for the prompt response. I'll change to resistor type plugs, anything else I need to consider for Plug leads.

I've added my tune.

I thought as my new coil was sparking at 10degree btdc according to my timing light it would splutter at least!
Attachments
(78.04 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
By pigboy306
If i connect up Tunerstudio to the ECU with all my old distributor and coil I can read RPM and AFR from my AEM gauge. I also have the MAP sensor connected. Helpfully the TR7 used an air vacuum to feed a hot air valve to warm the carbs on cold mornings so i have a MAP take off already.
By jonbill
so you can read rpm when the engine is running on dizzy and carbs, but not when just cranking with the dizzy off.
Is that right? I'd suspect your battery isn't spinning it fast enough.
By jonbill
jump start it from another car with engine running?

The point is that if it doesn't turn fast enough, it won't get sync. If it doesn't get sync, it won't output sparks (or show rpm).

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?