Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By kingmcnugget
Hi Guys,

I'm having issues getting my UA4C Speeduino to output a Spark signal. I've wired up my BMW M44 as wasted spark following the Speeduino Manual using a U2003 NGK coil pack. I went to confirm my ignition timing before the first start-up but couldn't get the Speeduino to output a spark signal. I couldn't get a timing light to work and I wasn't getting any Ignition LED's lighting up on the Speeduino board. I've been devouring the manual and the forums for info but I'm not exactly sure what area of my install should be looking at. I'm using the U4AC Board with the 2021.03 version of Tuner Studio and I've attached my tune below.

I'm hoping someone can jump on, call me an idiot and show me my obvious mistakes.
Any help is appreciated!

Cheers :D
Attachments
(392.64 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
(21.15 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
(76.98 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
By PSIG
:roll: Yeah, not sure why that's still a problem. You can add ".txt" to the end and advise readers to remove it, or just ZIP it.

Nothing obvious for simple mistakes in your log. However, I see two possibly related issues. The first is cranking hitting around or below 9 volts. :shock: It's so low, that likely the sync losses are related to low voltage. I'd charge or jump the battery for the next session. Jumping is less noisy (some have reported no-starts with a charger attached), and is generally preferred for boosting voltage during extended cranking tests.

It's a shot in the dark, but hopefully that may solve the issue for now, but you have no ignition dwell corrections, and an 8ms dwell limit. Even if it is signalling (IGN LEDs flashing), you probably won't get a spark at that rate. The values in the base tune are only placeholders to avoid tune corruption, and do not necessarily (or ever) represent usable values. I would get some good numbers in there and for other settings and corrections (like injector, etc) to save some hair-pulling as you begin tuning.

Oh, and I presume you were throttling to flood-clear the injectors? And MAP is not connected/calibrated? Good luck!
By kingmcnugget
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, the battery went flat while i was working on the car and i had to attach the battery charger. The charger was left on while doing these tests so ill disconnect it and use jumper cables for the next test.

The TPS is working correctly and I was flood clearing the car mainly because i didn't want the car to start at this point. I also forgot to attach the MAP sensor for the test, whoops :roll:

You say "you have no ignition dwell corrections", are you referring to the "Dwell Map" or "Dwell Compensation" or Both?

Lastly when saying " I would get some good numbers in there and for other settings and corrections (like injector, etc)" are you referring to "Primary Pulsewidth" because I've already (hopefully correctly) calculated the required fuel within Engine Constants.

Cheers again :D
By kingmcnugget
Success!
By removing the battery charger and jumpstarting the car instead im getting a ignition LED's on the speeduino!

However, im still not getting good spark by using the timing light. Ive done some research on my coil pack and ive adjusted the dwell timing. Obviously something within those setting are still incorrect. For one crank test i was able to get a constant spark happening but for the rest i was only able to get one spark happening as i stopped cranking.

I'll attach my updated tune and data log :D
Attachments
(76.98 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
(59.14 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?