Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Interesting your log begins with 26 sync losses before engine start? Other than that, the log is of low diagnostic value, as most of the other data is irrelevant.

Can we assume you have tested for electrical noise in your system with an oscilloscope and wire probe "antenna", or an old AM radio or similar, listening for crackles, pops and buzzing? Noise will pooch your electronics.
PSIG wrote:Interesting your log begins with 26 sync losses before engine start? Other than that, the log is of low diagnostic value, as most of the other data is irrelevant.
Didnt turned off the speeduino between the tests, so not starting at zero.
PSIG wrote: Can we assume you have tested for electrical noise in your system with an oscilloscope and wire probe "antenna", or an old AM radio or similar, listening for crackles, pops and buzzing? Noise will pooch your electronics.
And no, not tested for noises as i dont have an oscope myself. Been looking for someone to test to me, no luck so far. I liked the idea to use a old radio for testing, will try this later. Also moving the wires away from the coil cables should lessen the noise, right?
Talking about the sensor positioning, i read somewhere that tilting it in direction of rotation could improve the reading from it, and it seems to improve the sync for a bit.
theonewithin wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:34 pm You can get very cheap scopes off eBay etc.

May be worth looking into.
i would love to, but pay something in dollar is out of the question for someone living in south america right now, a 5 times increase in price is tough :cry:
mick_ban wrote:I will follow with interest your project. I also work on a VW AirCooled.
Which injector did you use?
This is the topic to discuss right now, the online calculators say a 20 or 22 lb/hr is enough for gasoline, in my case the common gas is E27, so a bigger injector is needed. Right now, im searching for the opel astra 2.0l injector, it has a similar size to what the hyosung bike use (14,5mm between orings and 54mm height), appears to be slight longer, and is rated to 28 lb/hr, or close to that. Using only two may be enough to feed all the hungry 55hp. Let me know what you are planning to use, 2 or 4 injectors?

And thanks for your help PSIG, when i routed the wires away from the HT cables with no difference, also playing with filters, i decided to go back to the trigger edge, last time played with it the trigger wheel was drawing a nice 8. Changing to rising edge solved this problem, 0 losses with running engine!
Injector Flow = (Horse Power * BSFC) / (# of Injectors * Max Duty Cycle)

So, in your case of 55 HP, about 0.55 BSFC (max), with 4 injectors and max duty of 80% (0.8):
9.5 lb•hr = (55*0.55) / (4*0.8)

That's for straight gasoline/petrol on 4 injectors. If only 2 injectors, then simply double the flow.

We always calculate conservatively in order to ensure we have sufficient flow, but without causing new issues from excessive flow. Minor variations may be compensated various ways, including more or less fuel pressure to hit target.

That's calculated flow for gasoline, but as you're using a different fuel (E27), let's size it for E30 to be safe and easy to calculate. Gasoline stoich is 14.7:1 (70% of blend), while ethanol stoich is 6.4:1 (30% of blend):
(14.7*0.7) + (6.4*0.3) = 12.21:1 air:fuel
1 / (12.21/14.7) = 20% flow increase
9.5 lb•hr * 1.20 = 11.4 lb•hr injectors

4 x 22 lb•hr injectors are sufficient to fuel about 150hp on gasoline, or about 120hp on your fuel E-blend. ;) I hope that helps in your project planning.
PSIG wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:28 pm 4 x 22 lb•hr injectors are sufficient to fuel about 150hp on gasoline, or about 120hp on your fuel E-blend. ;) I hope that helps in your project planning.
Helps a lot, this explains the difference in flow from the calculators, one of them is a national company, so the fuel may be different. i appreciate your effort in this saturday :D
Wouldnt be 2 x 22? or 4 x 11,5
roger.rrgt wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:00 pm
PSIG wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:28 pm 4 x 22 lb•hr injectors are sufficient to fuel about 150hp on gasoline, or about 120hp on your fuel E-blend. ;) I hope that helps in your project planning.

Wouldnt be 2 x 22? or 4 x 11,5
Yes! Note in that quoted line, that you were originally speaking of 22 and 28# injectors, and that quote shows the relative difference. If 11.4# injectors are calculated correct for 55hp, then 22 would be for about double the HP.

Sure enough, 4x22# at ~120hp (web reference) is about right if 4x11.4# (our calculations) is good for half that (55hp). ;) It was for relative reference that the calculations are reasonable, not to confuse you. I hope that makes sense.
PSIG wrote:Yes! Note in that quoted line, that you were originally speaking of 22 and 28# injectors, and that quote shows the relative difference. If 11.4# injectors are calculated correct for 55hp, then 22 would be for about double the HP.

Sure enough, 4x22# at ~120hp (web reference) is about right if 4x11.4# (our calculations) is good for half that (55hp). ;) It was for relative reference that the calculations are reasonable, not to confuse you. I hope that makes sense.
Sure make sense, that size was for the possible power, my engine will never get close to that anyway. Thank you for all the help.
mick_ban wrote:I have 1600i mexico setup so 4 injector.
I have 155cc/min injector (15lb)
It's 1807cc not a 1600cc ,I hope 90hp
From the calculations PSIG posted, 15lb is fine, and if not, you can increase the fuel pressure a little to fine tune the flow. Using this 1600i intake is a lot easier than what im doing, a lot less adapting parts and a much more clean look. Here in brazil this costs a small fortune im not willing to pay, thats why the tbis in picture where chosen, they came for "free", with all the wiring harness and sensors. The injector im planning to use is the GM 0280156086 that no parts store has one avaible to take measures :( . The black injector is a denso 28203962, dont have any info on the flow of it, but used to feed a 125cc cylinder... :roll: . It measures 42mm between the orings and 54mm total height, oring diameter is 14,5mm. If anyone has access on the GM injector, please measure it!
Attachments
28 mm TBIs and adapter plates
28 mm TBIs and adapter plates
IMG_20210808_120450834.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 5303 times

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?