Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By IronWeber
Hello to everyone.

The board is V 0.4.4 with Pnp extension for Miata. The low dropout regulator that is near the power connecting block was with two legs broken, so it was replaced. Now when I power the board it gets really hot. I was able to measure about 8.8V on the in side and 5V on the out. What can cause this exesive heating of the component.

Next thing is with the fuel pump. How to properly wire it and which is the right pin on the board? I am using pin number 16, but I am not getting anything out of it. I was trying to find something and came across some MegaSquirt schematic and there the relay was grounded through the ECU. Is this the correct way to do it, or the ECU should give 12+V to the relay?

The car is currently fitted with electronic distributor ignition. I found the signal wire of the ignition ECM and connected it to the pin number 7. Speeduino is set to basic distributor. Is this going to work set up like that?

Another question is, can I use the distributor as a second signal and make the system fully sequential. It is fitted with Hall sensor and a wheel with four equally spaced slots.

Thank you in advance.
By PSIG
@theonewithin — perhaps we can improve the Wiki by noting some basic facts that are commonly and repeatedly misunderstood or assumed, so the questions or confusion does not repeatedly surface here. For example the Wiring or Boards sections could have a short note of which outputs are grounding outputs, or voltage outputs, etc. While you might surmise these facts eventually, there are no clear statements I have noticed.

Alternatively, a new small section of Basics or Concepts for some of these random facts could be useful.

While we grow tired of answering the same basics over and over, I'm sure new users also don't appreciate the frustration each time. Thoughts? I would update the Wiki myself, but my editing rights were deleted a long time ago. I queried the issue, but it did not result in reinstatement. I took that as a sign. :(
By IronWeber
Hello,

I've read the wiki several times and being a begginer in this things there were still some unclear things. This is why I decided to register here and ask.

After some research and investigation with the multimeter. I found thea the component is not grounded, probably bad soldering joint. I wiered external ground and there was an improvement. The component is still hot, but you can hold it with your fingers. If the ground is removed, it gets extremely hot fast.

About the fuel pump, after some finding the schematic. I saw that there are to pins with 12+V(pin34 and 36) that I can use to trigger the relay. Which one is the default pin, I guess it is 36?

For the res I will figure it out myself. This thread can be deleted, it serve no purpose.
blitzbox

12v is unusual. You could probe it using 5v and se[…]

Hello to everyone! I am starting this thread beca[…]

STM32 development

Do you mean the "full clean" com[…]

The Max9926 or A2 , Is there anything else i wou[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?