Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
And that is exactly what speeduino does...

What you fail to understand is that once the engine stops the ECU is still waiting to see when the next tooth arrives.

And if it decides that the gap has arrived because of timing and calculated engine position (remembering that the engine may even go backwards a bit) the ECU may decide that the time is right to fire ignition.

This is perfectly normal.

This is expected.

There is no way around this happening because there is always timings in regards to the way ECU's calculate engine position.

So. Like have said twice now...

If you understood how an ECU actually works in regards to the crank teeth etc then you would understand why this happens potentially with ANY ECU.
Ok i finally actually had a chance to look at your video (why post a stupid video? this is a forum. use your words).

W.T.F are you doing???

Seriously...

Why are you having this issue?

Because you're a fucking moron apparently.

A bare Arduino and wonders why it's doing weird shit...

Do you not wonder why the actual official boards have a bunch of filtering etc on all the inputs?

Good luck with your project.

Can't wait to see your post of "This Speeduino project blew up my engine"
SilentBob wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:41 pm Since it looks like you're driving the coil direct from the arduino. It may be something simple like the gate ringing
That may be the answer, sir. This guy's example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0OHGWCZ7B0 shows ringing in the MHz range, but who knows how the coil's igniter varies from his circuit; I certainly don't. If I had an oscilloscope I would certainly test that theory more.
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:12 am
moonie223 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:39 pm
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:58 am I bet you'll also tell me I can't ground the injectors and switch the positive side. That's what I'll be doing.
I presume all you'll be doing is smoking a bunch of hardware because you've no idea what you are doing. Why in the hell someone would go through the trouble to high side switch injectors is beyond me.

And I went and looked up a 1994 park avenue schematic, do you even know what you're talking about? They are ground switched, because chevy isn't stupid and doesn't do things for no reason. They have switched power off a relay, like pretty much all cars. Regardless, the world has moved on since 94 and whatever dumb shit they were doing then has about fuck all to do with anything at all. I mean the old ass miata and plenty of mechanical fueled cars have some dumbass weighted door flapper thing that controls the fuel pump/main power. Maybe you should add one of those?
Did I say a damn thing about grounding through the "high side". I also didn't even mention the injectors and anything about Buick in the same post, because those comments have nothing to do with each other. Who doesn't know what they're talking about?

The 1994 Buick Park Avenue's computer never turns off unless you disconnect the battery. I disassmbled everything in that car... everything. Body control module or some shit was probably needed because of VATS. VATS wasn't something I was aware of at the time, so the engine refused to start after I pulled it and threw the harness back on.
The ECU's switched power wasn't switched, just hardwired, from the factory.
You've probably got to be the dumbest fucker I've met in a long time, and that takes some effort.

As an example, you'll notice I never mentioned anything about grounding through the high side. Only someone as special as yourself comes up with that off what I said.

And I am totally unsurprised your lack of common knowledge of car electronic shit such as VATS has fucked you in the past. I hope you're used to it, because life's a lot harder when you're stupid as fuck.
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:48 pm
PSIG wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:40 pm Are we working on a problem without tune and log files, or did I miss them?
Arduino's USB communication chip died during this test, or the drivers for that chip are just that unreliable.
Tune files and logs are basic requirements for diagnostics and tuning. Get your system working and post them up.

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?