Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Amazon230
My engine hasn't run for quite a while, I've been building/rebuilding bits of it and converting to standalone. I've added a Hall sensor to get a CPS signal and I'd like to check the signal before starting the engine.

With the Speeduino not connected to fuel or ignition, as mentioned in the manual, can I just enable hardware testing, spin the motor, and check that the 60-2 pattern is being read clearly in the log? Or is there a better way (that doesn't involve buying a scope)?

I just posted my engine and Speeduino details here.
By PSIG
Amazon230 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:44 pm... With the Speeduino not connected to fuel or ignition, as mentioned in the manual, can I just enable hardware testing, spin the motor, and check that the 60-2 pattern is being read clearly in the log?
Your description is good, but you don't need to enable hardware test, which is for turning individual outputs on and off (e.g., injector) for function test. What you are wanting is just like trying to start the engine, but the fuel pump and coils are disconnected. You should see a reasonable rpm when cranking, and get a tooth log.

If you want to verify your ignition timing before first-start, connect the coils and leave the FP disconnected. I prefer to remove and ground the spark plugs to get smooth and faster cranking without compression. Crank the engine and check timing with the light. Adjust Trigger Angle so cranking timing indicated in TunerStudio and the timing light match. Check timing again later when the engine is running at various higher rpm.
By Amazon230
Thanks for the answer. Should I be able to see or select the crank signal, or just rpm? If rpm, is there a threshold below which it doesn't get logged?

I'm not seeing any rpm when I crank the engine. If I should be able to, will an oscilloscope/multimeter like this be suitable for reading the sensor output?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352814181701

Cheers
By theonewithin
Amazon230 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:59 am Thanks for the answer. Should I be able to see or select the crank signal, or just rpm? If rpm, is there a threshold below which it doesn't get logged?

I'm not seeing any rpm when I crank the engine. If I should be able to, will an oscilloscope/multimeter like this be suitable for reading the sensor output?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352814181701

Cheers
What do you mean by "select the crank signal"???

You enter the appropriate information in Trigger setup as per the wiki.

https://wiki.speeduino.com/en/configura ... gger_Setup

If you have paid for TS, you can check the high speed loggers there.

But best to tell us if you have followed through the wiki or not, what type of vehicle you are using, it's engine etc.

If you haven't gone through the wiki, go do that first.
By Amazon230
theonewithin wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:09 amWhat do you mean by "select the crank signal"???
I mean when I'm playing a log in Tuner Studio and I can choose which data to have on the screen, can I select the crank signal, or just rpm? I'm assuming that's what you mean by seeing the high speed loggers though.

I linked to my engine and Speeduino setup in the first post. But to reiterate, I'm just trying to verify that the crank sensor is generating a good signal. There's just the Speeduino and the crank sensor.

I'd double checked my trigger settings, yep.

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?