Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Trevor Getty
there is a handy feature in tunerstudio to leave the fan working even when the engine isnt.
This still works if you stop the engine but still have ignition power to the 12v in on the speedy board.

Now my question is because the UA4C board, and probably on the 0.4 boards, there doesn't appear to be a difference between the 12v constant and a 12v ignition.
So when you turn off the key in the car the 12v feed disappears - pin 9 (22pin) on the UA4C, which turns off the speedy by default.
If you happen to have a laptop plugged in - then yes the usb will keep it powered on.

My question is, there any way we could use 12v as a hot at all times, but have a secondary ignition wire which turns ignition / fuel pump on / off.

I think the easiest for me at the moment is to have a run on relay which only goes to the fan, so when I turn off, it all goes off but the fan can run on for x mins after. But as MS2 / MS3 does this by default, I was wondering if we could add this via one of our spare input pins?
That is a feature of Megasquirt.

NOT Speeduino.

And no. There is no way to do it.

Also why are you creating so many different topics?

Can you please just stick to 1 and keep all discussion about your project in it.
By PSIG
There are a number of ways to accomplish this, with Speeduino in indirect control of after-run. For example, handle it like a turbo-timer, routing switched power to ignition, FP and ECM relays as-usual, but the ECM is a delay-relay chained to the Fan relay. On key-off, signal is lost to the relays (no engine run), but the delay-relay continues to power the ECM and fan relay (only) for a period of time. Bingo. After-run fan operation until timeout for whatever is connected or chained to that delay-relay.

Adjustable digital delay-relays are inexpensive, or you can assemble your own analog version with a standard relay and a few bits (search). There are other simple-but-effective solutions. BTW, most OEMs have discontinued after-run fan, as there is little gain against some losses; but if you have a peculiar application such as a drag car with a tiny radiator that needs cool-down between runs — then go for it!
PSIG wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:47 am There are a number of ways to accomplish this, with Speeduino in indirect control of after-run. For example, handle it like a turbo-timer, routing switched power to ignition, FP and ECM relays as-usual, but the ECM is a delay-relay chained to the Fan relay. On key-off, signal is lost to the relays (no engine run), but the delay-relay continues to power the ECM and fan relay (only) for a period of time. Bingo. After-run fan operation until timeout for whatever is connected or chained to that delay-relay.

Adjustable digital delay-relays are inexpensive, or you can assemble your own analog version with a standard relay and a few bits (search). There are other simple-but-effective solutions. BTW, most OEMs have discontinued after-run fan, as there is little gain against some losses; but if you have a peculiar application such as a drag car with a tiny radiator that needs cool-down between runs — then go for it!
Perfect - this is just what I want... thanks.
theonewithin wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:44 pm That is a feature of Megasquirt.

NOT Speeduino.

And no. There is no way to do it.

Also why are you creating so many different topics?

Can you please just stick to 1 and keep all discussion about your project in it.
Ok, this is an misunderstanding again on my part... People normally read a title to do with one action on open source wiki boards, not a title which says ROVER project. And deep in the guts of it, is some part about fan run on.

But if this is the way you run this board, I will stick all my stuff together.
God help anyone searching by title or trying to understand a topic of discussion... but hey ho. Can I see your post recommendations for the other rules I should follow on speeduino eticate?
By moonie223
Says the guy who posts a question asking for a firmware feature in the user projects section of the board.

Or posts a question titled EVAP wiring, then eventually asks no questions about wiring but instead when and where to run the purge valve.

Or more, but I don't really care that much.

Seriously, do you have any internal filter at all? Do you ever stop and read what you type before hitting post?
moonie223 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:17 pm Says the guy who posts a question asking for a firmware feature in the user projects section of the board.

Or posts a question titled EVAP wiring, then eventually asks no questions about wiring but instead when and where to run the purge valve.

Or more, but I don't really care that much.

Seriously, do you have any internal filter at all? Do you ever stop and read what you type before hitting post?
Noted.
You can always create a "how to" post afterwards.

Would be a much better and neater idea.

But all your questions are just questions about your specific build so best to keep it together as much as possible.

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?