Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By tx_haggis
Does anyone have working settings for Miata VVT? I have it running, but actual & target angles differ a lot. Thanks
Attachments
VVt2.png
VVt2.png (123.7 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
VVT1.png
VVT1.png (77 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
By JHolland
pazi88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:58 am The current PID implementation for VVT works really poorly. It's almost impossible to get working nicely. I have made PR with lost of fixes for closed loop VVT.
I had a quick look at the code a while back and it was horrific - all the VVT control stuff was mixed up in the PID code, really it needs to have a top-level VVT controller that calls a standard PID routine.
By pazi88
JHolland wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:56 am
pazi88 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:58 am The current PID implementation for VVT works really poorly. It's almost impossible to get working nicely. I have made PR with lost of fixes for closed loop VVT.
I had a quick look at the code a while back and it was horrific - all the VVT control stuff was mixed up in the PID code, really it needs to have a top-level VVT controller that calls a standard PID routine.
Don't really understand. That's how it is currently. There is only calls for PID routine in VVT control part.

Anyways that wasn't the problem. Here is the PR, so you can see the changes: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/pull/551
By HugoW
I think I have the VVT working properly now on my 2004 1.8 VVT MX5 engine (euro-car, I don't know if the US engines were different). Shoot me a PM if you like to know more, we can share / compare tunes if you like.

This is my topic:
viewtopic.php?t=4413

Cheers,

Hugo

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?