Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By danizichi
Hi!
I am sorry for the inaccurate title but I have many questions and many problems.
My intent is to control only the ignition with the MAP.
In a first time I tried at the bench the engine with a 0.3 v board, all okay!
I use a GM 4 pin module with a dumb coil (from an aprilia sr).

When I installed NO2C on the bike I had a problem with rectifier, and BOOM!! a tantalum capacitor exploded (C4), not the first time in my life with speeduino.
I replaced it and I added diodes on the + 12v power supply. I tried to get the engine running and BOOM!! a second time explosion. Replaced again and I tried now to get the engine running with battery supply only, nothing exploded but I get only "half sync" and zero rpm, I tried different arduino, vr board but nothing..

I soldered a new board, I get the engine running with battery supply only, now engine get running without exploding something, but after 10/30 seconds the engine stops because speeduino no longer controls the spark, spark led off.
If i try to start the engine I can saw in TunerStudio rpm but speeduino's spark led are off.
To get Speeduino working again I need to disconnect the wire beetween speeduino and the GM ignition module.

Setted to "going low"

I ask you for some advice to understand what the problem is for the first NO2C, to understand what to check to restore its operation and how to fix the second problem.
theonewithin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:29 am Please post a copy of your tune and a log when issue occurs.

The tune must be the same as used in the log.

WIthout these no one can provide good answers as it would be all just guessing.
please rename the log "2021-03-09_13.00.36.mlg.msq" in "2021-03-09_13.00.36.mlg"
Attachments
logstory.jpg
logstory.jpg (38.28 KiB) Viewed 4467 times
(175.78 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
(77.29 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Last edited by danizichi on Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PSIG
I don't think the 4-pin wiring and the sync or IGN output situation are related, but typically the W pin on the HEI module is left disconnected, or in some cases grounded. The W pin carries an offset voltage that can expand or limit dwell by affecting pin G, and is capable of cutting ignition entirely. The odd thing is that W and G are connected internally by small resistors. As a separate test, I would disconnect W (leave W floating) in order to verify it is not having any weird effects on the operation.
PSIG wrote:I don't think the 4-pin wiring and the sync or IGN output situation are related, but typically the W pin on the HEI module is left disconnected, or in some cases grounded. The W pin carries an offset voltage that can expand or limit dwell by affecting pin G, and is capable of cutting ignition entirely. The odd thing is that W and G are connected internally by small resistors. As a separate test, I would disconnect W (leave W floating) in order to verify it is not having any weird effects on the operation.
Update. I discovered the issue is caused by the ECU connector, with the strong vibrations of the two-stroke engine the 12v pin stopped making contact, I replaced it and it seems to be going great, vice versa I don't know how to operate with the other pcb that doesn't sync..

The engine works with both gm module and Bosch smart coil.
Today I get the engine running with two speeduino, the first with only the battery supply, to get the engine running. The second speeduino was DIRECTLY wired to an other battery, wired to the rectifer/regulator of the motorbike. The condenser explodedwhen the engine get running, at the multimeter I have 14 Volt DC and 3 Volt AC RMS, I tried to add a diode at the positive of speeduino but not worked..
Attachments
photo_2021-03-11_22-35-03.jpg
photo_2021-03-11_22-35-03.jpg (194.3 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
photo_2021-03-11_22-34-56.jpg
photo_2021-03-11_22-34-56.jpg (524.62 KiB) Viewed 4259 times

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?