Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By JHolland
danizichi wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:25 am wiki says "VR Conditioners require specific setting depending on model used."
"Rising for MAX or LM conditioners"
my vr conditioner based on MAX9926 doesn't work in "Rising" mode, no way with this setup.. I tried a positive and negative sensor change but not work in rising
The MAX chip detects on the falling edge but it is an inverting set-up so the Speeduino should be set to rising. If your set-up is set to falling with a MAX chip then maybe you have the sensor wired backwards.
The wiki is 100% correct for MAX chips.

I tested it myself on my VR sensor equipped motorbike.

Rising and correct polarity provided a perfect tooth log. Any other option provided either complete garbage or 1 full gap and then a 2/3 sized gap after it which WILL cause issues at higher RPM.

So set it to rising and check tooth log.

Post an image here of what it looks like.

The tooth log is the most useful tool for trigger issues.
Have a look at his trigger. Can you tell where there is + and - ?
Me not. So I advised him to try out different combinations and look at the log.

What was wrong with that?

The Wiki does not help him with his sensor!
The wiki tells you which edge to use depending on conditioner you are using.

If you use the wrong edge it's not going to matter what you do with the sensor.

So if you have it set correctly as per the wiki and still have issues then the most likely outcome is that your polarity is wrong.

So yes. The wiki is useful.

Once again. If you feel it needs something more then request access and add it in.

Don't just complain about something well within your power to change.
JHolland wrote: If your set-up is set to falling with a MAX chip then maybe you have the sensor wired backwards.
I tested to wire sensor backwards and to set to "rising" but at 6000 rpm circa revs.. the only way to not revs and to not sync loss is to set it to falling.. I don't know why, in my car I setted it on rising working perfectly
Chris Wolfson wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:16 pm Have a look at his trigger. Can you tell where there is + and - ?
Me not. So I advised him to try out different combinations and look at the log.

What was wrong with that?

The Wiki does not help him with his sensor!
To do a log tooth I need to buy Tunerstudio?
TS is a very helpful piece of software. The people that write it do a very good job, but do not sell hundreds of millions copy's like Microsoft does. I don't think the will get too rich if you buy a copy like me and some other people here did.
Tuning without it is about 50x more time consuming than it is with the full version. You really don't waste money buying it.

PS there seems to be no cracked version around, so don't wait for it to come "for free".
Chris Wolfson wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:46 am TS is a very helpful piece of software. The people that write it do a very good job, but do not sell hundreds of millions copy's like Microsoft does. I don't think the will get too rich if you buy a copy like me and some other people here did.
Tuning without it is about 50x more time consuming than it is with the full version. You really don't waste money buying it.

PS there seems to be no cracked version around, so don't wait for it to come "for free".
I was already planning to buy it, especially for the car.
which software package do you recommend?
You should be fine with the basic 59,95 version for a start. You can upgrade to the much more mighty extended versions, if you have your vehicle moving.
With cars, you can have a buddy drive it and tune on the passenger seat with your laptop (of course only if you have a 100% perfect working wide band lambda sensor!). So TS MS can be sufficient. Most important, you can see the actual response of the crank sensor, if you have trouble at that end. You should be done with it in less than an hour, instead of spending days for fault search.

Bikes do not give you this comfortable tuning from the passenger seat, so you must base it on a log you carefully produce driving around in a controlled manner.

The MegaLog viewer HD for additional 39.95 will help you a lot with that. If your are comfortable to work with data, this is great, even as people that do not like theory that much, may find it less interesting.

If you plan to do more about Speeduino or MS systems in the future, are the more practical guy and have the extra 40$, just spent the 99$ for the Ultra version right now. You will not regret it. It is the version that should have anything you will use, probably even more.

This is my subjective opinion about these products, in general all of them are all very useful and worth every penny.

Let me give more context. I'm trying to replace t[…]

Sorry, i just realized one thing: The 25 degrees […]

Hi y'all, I want to add a new 3-D table for Inj[…]

Yes as mentioned its 114 degrees, most older (rece[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?