Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Don´t know if I can help you with that.

Connect a timing light and look what you see. If you are right, you should see two flashes, 180° apart. then check your settings again, don´t forget to press "burn". Then, check that you are not entering two signals into Speeduino instead of one (or multiples). That will give two sparks as well. Remember a 4-stroke has a cam signal that is 1/2 speed of the cam. This can confuse the setup of 2-stroke engines.

Before you blame the software, place your tune here, so others can have a look at it. In most cases problems are solved this way. Also, do a log and make it available.

Always first question your self, then the hard and software. Anything you do and what happens, is your fault in such a project. If you don´t want to be responsible for mistakes, don´t start a project. The good point: If it works, success is all you´s too.
Chris Wolfson wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:50 am Don´t know if I can help you with that.

Connect a timing light and look what you see. If you are right, you should see two flashes, 180° apart. then check your settings again, don´t forget to press "burn". Then, check that you are not entering two signals into Speeduino instead of one (or multiples). That will give two sparks as well. Remember a 4-stroke has a cam signal that is 1/2 speed of the cam. This can confuse the setup of 2-stroke engines.

Before you blame the software, place your tune here, so others can have a look at it. In most cases problems are solved this way. Also, do a log and make it available.

Always first question your self, then the hard and software. Anything you do and what happens, is your fault in such a project. If you don´t want to be responsible for mistakes, don´t start a project. The good point: If it works, success is all you´s too.
Thanks Chris! I solved, my tacho doesn't work good with spark plug with resistor as my BR9ES.
Very unusual. In most cases the opposite is true with any problem ignition related.
I have solved quite some problems with (high quality) resistive ignition wires and "R" plugs that came from "tuners" that fitted solid cooper wires and non "R" plugs, but never had any problems the other way round. Unfiltered ignition systems can upset any electronic sensor you have on an engine.

The usual problem is misfire under load or at higher rpm. 4000 often seems to be a critical number.
Chris Wolfson wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:33 pm Very unusual. In most cases the opposite is true with any problem ignition related.
I have solved quite some problems with (high quality) resistive ignition wires and "R" plugs that came from "tuners" that fitted solid cooper wires and non "R" plugs, but never had any problems the other way round. Unfiltered ignition systems can upset any electronic sensor you have on an engine.

The usual problem is misfire under load or at higher rpm. 4000 often seems to be a critical number.
I think that is the tacho really obsolete.. Now all work fine.

I must set in trigger setup FALLING edge, is it okay? I tried RISING edge but it not work fine, I also tried to change VR+ and VR- but it is the same.

I tested Bluetooth module, work but lost signal every 5/10 seconds for 1 second as in the log
Attachments
log26032021.png
log26032021.png (25.77 KiB) Viewed 4566 times
Rising and falling edge can partly depend on where the signal sees ground (that is when you change VR+ and VR-) and on which edge the ECU expects the event.

If you do not know exactly how your stuff works, you look for the combination that works best in the log.

So usually you will need to try out, as there are to many options how to generate a signal.
@theonewithin

you are so convinced of the Wiki you do not understand any more why people constantly have problems with it.
Also, the "new Wiki" is missing some stuff you find in the old one. Maybe correct your standard help "read the Wiki" to "read the two Wiki´s". Then as * Option, "read the MS Wiki too".

If people do not understand a manual, not all of them are stupid. Maybe just not experienced enough to understand what is written and convert it into hardware. This is a educational project, maybe remember from time to time?
Chris...

This is 100% something covered in the wiki.

I know.

Because I added the info.

It seems you have some suggestions for the wiki?

Actions speak more than words. Go speak with Josh and he will give you access so you can make improvements.

But of course that's going to be to hard isn't it?
wiki says "VR Conditioners require specific setting depending on model used."
"Rising for MAX or LM conditioners"
my vr conditioner based on MAX9926 doesn't work in "Rising" mode, no way with this setup.. I tried a positive and negative sensor change but not work in rising

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?