Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
I really should just put in the time with the coil pack because I have it but it would figure that all the forum posts across the internet dealing with fabbing a trigger wheel for the serpentine set up have lost their photos.
There's enough metal on this balancer to attach this for wheel, or maybe a tight fit spacer metal between them?
Gonna give this a try. Or ask a machine shop to do it anyway. Might be easier to start with another wheel but the only company that makes one has an unclear description of the part and isn't answering emails.

I posted this to the Facebook group but haven't gotten any feedback. I'd like to use the distributor only till I source a crank trigger. My Bosch ignition module is a 103 but the pins seems to function the same as the 124.
Best as I can tell from reading the wiki and other sources, this should be how my wiring diagram works. I am concerned I have overlooked something.
I potentially have other problems to worry about now. The unit is on its own switch but will power on with the key when it's connected to the coil circuit and I don't like that. I've been meaning to rehash my relays because they were only set up temporary but maybe I need to start on that.
soultron wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:10 pm I potentially have other problems to worry about now. The unit is on its own switch but will power on with the key when it's connected to the coil circuit and I don't like that. I've been meaning to rehash my relays because they were only set up temporary but maybe I need to start on that.
I solved that power gremlin by swapping to another relay for now. In test mode IGN1 does what it should on the volt meter (alternating 5 to 0 v) but when wired to the Bosch module on pin five it, the distributor does not spark. It's similar but not the Bosch 124 ( and very used ). Not sure how to test it but I suppose replacing it's not a bad idea.
By PSIG
The Bosch 103 is in the 137 family, not the 124. Verify your pin-out.

Bosch_0227100137_pin-out.jpg
Bosch_0227100137_pin-out.jpg (47.9 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
PSIG wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:08 pm The Bosch 103 is in the 137 family, not the 124. Verify your pin-out.

Bosch_0227100137_pin-out.jpg
Thanks! That's helpful.
The 124 and similar use pin 5
Between this diagram and some info from a BMW forum pin six is what this module uses.
This does lead me to question if I'm supposed to be going high or low.
By PSIG
Test it. I like to test everything beforehand as I don't like surprises. ;)

In this case, I would use a multi-meter or other indicator to check for power transistor (PT) operation in the bare module. This is simply looking for grounding action between the Coil and GND pins (1 & 2). Apply module 12V and GND, apply your meter to 1 & 2, and tap 5V onto Signal (6). The meter should jump when the PT is "on", showing increased continuity.

The PT will either show increase in continuity with 5V signal (high) and no continuity with 0V signal (low), or rarely but sometimes the opposite. When the PT is ON (continuity), the Coil can ground, dwelling the Coil to build energy. When the PT turns OFF (no continuity), then Coil then sparks (see ani below or the old Wiki).

Spark setting—if the Signal is high to dwell, the Coil will spark when the Signal is Going Low. This is the most common scenario, but some ignition drivers spark Going High, so we have to verify action to avoid burning-up the Coil, ignition driver module, or other components. Hope that helps.

In this animated diagram, it shows a Going Low setup, where the high ignition signal from the ECM activates the PT driver for dwell, then fires the Coil when dwell stops as the Signal is Going Low:
I wasn't completely sure what to do but I checked with the multimeter and it came up 8.5v which seemed odd. I tested things a couple more times and still got no spark when I benched again, so I got out the 032905106B coilpack, changed to wasted spark, tested the outputs and got spark the first time. Still progress.
soultron, your thread here is great! I have a 1981 Rabbit Pickup that I am attempting the same Fuel Only conversion on. My truck however is a 1.7L gasser with Basic K-Jetronic. I am keen to learn about using the distributor for the ignition trigger. your above discussions have helped me immensely. I do have a question regarding timing. If one is using just the output from the destributor hall sensor to trigger ignition on the speeduino , how do you address ignition timing advance (mechanical and vacuum). Does one lockout the advance in the distributor and let speeduino handle the advance or do you just clear out the spark advance table in your tune on the speeduino and just set the trigger angle so that the injectors fire at a set angle before or after an ignition event?

Also were you able to get any testing done over the holiday weekend?

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?