Wondering if this project can still be of any use to the Speeduino community, I decided to present my work.
- Written in Qt C++ /QML. Cross compiled for Linux, Windows and Android. In theory, MacOS should be supported, too.
- Communication via USB (UART) and Bluetooth.
- All test inputs and outputs can be dynamically configured.
- Graphical representation of the available trigger patterns.
- Recording of test sequences and ability to replay them.
- Importing/exporting of test IO configurations.
- Bluetooth communication using HC-06 module.
The Ecustim board, will be based on the Arduino Mega and should provide (as seen from its side):
- Variable outputs simulation of automotive sensors such as CLT, MAP, IAT, etc. Based on I2C digital potentiometers. If needed, combined with multiplexers such as TCA9548A.
- Switchable outputs simulation of triggers such as launch control.
- Switchable inputs for displaying events such as firing.
- The core feature of Ardustim, its trigger patterns generation will probably be left as is. I think, it has already proven itself.
- A robust binary protocol with small payload should be desingned.
Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.