Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Hi everyone,

I have built the speeduino v 0.4.3c, I also have installed the MAX9926 VR conditioner but not sure if I need it, firmware installed and hardware seems to be in working condition.

I'm going to install it on NA Toyota Starlet from 1995 (ep91).
Before doing anything wrong, I wanted you guys to help me with the jumper settings, wiring and settings on Tunerstudio. Distributor and ecu pinout are different from 4efte and I didn't manage to find any precise informations on the net about my distributor and how to connect it to the board.

Here's a few pictures of distributor :

From what I understood, there is no crank sensor. Only Cam sensor which has 4 teeth and 1 teeth. If so, how can I connect it to make it run with Speeduino

My ECU pinout :

My question are :

1. How should I configure the jumpers ?

2. What is the wiring configuration from original loom to Speeduino?

3. What should be the TS basic settings, especially for ignition?

Thanks guys.
Hi,

Some news of my project.

I have made a custom socket from an old 4efe ecu to plug directly to the speeduino.

Jumpers are set and wiring is done. Connection to TS is OK, I haven't tested everything yet except for air temp, water temp and throttle position which are fine. Next will be injection and ignition. At this stage, I haven't even tried to start the car yet.

I'm having an issue with the unit itself though. When I plug in speeduino to the loom. Arduino is turned on permanently, Is that normal? I tried 2 configurations to power up speeduino. I first tried with pin 2 (Batt : Switched battery power, EFI main relay, and then with pin 9 (+B : Switched battery power) from the 4efe connector 2. Both lead to the same result, arduino stays turned on permanently.

Also, with both of the above configurations, I noticed that the injections led 1 and 2 are also turned on, they turn off when I turn the key to the position "acc"and "on". Other than that, it is permanently turned on.

Any idea where I should look at?

Thanks for your help. :)
Joris Loisel wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:36 am…When I plug in speeduino to the loom. Arduino is turned on permanently, Is that normal?
…Also, with both of the above configurations, I noticed that the injections led 1 and 2 are also turned on, they turn off when I turn the key to the position "acc"and "on". Other than that, it is permanently turned on.
Any idea where I should look at?
No, not normal. Highest probability is power back-feed. I would use a multi-meter and test every input and output for power when your key is switched off. Find the power, find the problem.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?