Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Hi everyone,
I have a suzuki g16b engine with aisin amr500 supercharger,
i have tuner studio registered version and i have automatically generated initial ve table and afr table, but i cannot automatically generate the spark table as well. the situation is that in the images at the following link ....
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

do i have to adapt the initial spark table too?
Can anyone help me?

thank you.
By PSIG
If you have the OEM spark table, you can begin with that up to 100kPa, then expand to higher kPa following the timing regression versus pressure. That will get you started for tuning. The results should be fairly close in testing unless you are using a det-limited fuel, where you'll have to find that 'line' and make adjustments and compromises for it - or change fuel. Work slowly and methodically. You'll get it. ;)
IMO there is great value in making the spark map from scratch by hand. Like PSIG stated start with a NA map tune it then scale the boost sections according. You have to the the NA portions of your map anyways before you move into boost. By the time you are done tuning the 90-100kpa rows you will have a pretty good idea of what spark numbers the engine will want on your fuel with the tiny supercharger
By PSIG
iron_steel wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:12 pm… can a bad setup of this table cause too much engine heating?
Yes. This is why you tune carefully with lots of data until you have enough experience with the engine to have an idea of what to expect. Generally, testing and adjusting timing to the minimum for best efficiency (MBT - Maximum Brake Torque timing, sometimes called MTBT for minimum timing for best torque) whether idle or WOT redline will provide best performance and power for the amount of heat produced. Compromises, such as retarded timing to delay the cylinder pressure peak in order to avoid detonation onset are not peak efficiency, and is not correct timing. However, they may be a necessary evil if cutting corners with poor quality or det-limited fuel, for example. Compromises are never a good thing, and a poor fuel choice is false economy.

Typically, over-advance (more than MBT) will flatten or reduce power, and eventually cause surging or bucking, and finally backfiring and parts damage. Under-advance (retarded below MBT) will soften and drop power and add excessive heat to the system, eventually causing parts overheating damage, detonation, pre-ignition, backfiring, etc. Yes, you can add too much heat with retard and cause the detonation you are trying to avoid. ;) This is commonly seen after tuning on a dyno with a series of good pulls with cool-downs, then on a longer track or highway run it detonates, quickly progressing to very destructive pre-ignition with the cumulative heat soak. Do not assume you are adding "insurance" with extra retard.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?