Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By gbilski
I just have a question on wiring the U4AC for a PWM 2 wire IAC. There is an idel1 and an idle2 pin, should I be using idle1 for one wire of the IAC and and the other IAC wire to ground?
Thanks,
Gary
By gbilski
Thank you very much for your replies. I keep forgetting that Speeduino mostly switches grounds. That is the last bit I needed to know, so now I can finish wiring up the car. I am building a complete new engine harness as the existing one is 29 years old and I also want to be able to go back to standard as this car is also pretty rare here.
Last edited by gbilski on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gbilski
@GhjEng, that is a really helpful diagram. I have found the lack of U4AC specific information has taken me quite some time to figure out how the connections work.
By GhjEng
gbilski wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:08 pm @GhjEng, that is a really helpful diagram. I have found the lack of U4AC specific information has taken me quite some time to figure out how the connections work.
No problem, happy to help. I’ve got the UA4C too... best thing I can suggest is to go to the UA4C Github and grab the board schematics. It shows everything you need to figure out what’s going on.
By gbilski
Yes, I do have them, but I only have very basic understanding of reading schematics. Even now that I know that it is switching to earth, I still don't understand the idle1 circuit. I have been working on cars for nearly 40 years, but never really did much with electronics like this.
By gbilski
No, I don't quite get the schematic, I understand that the circuit grounds the IAC with a PWM signal. I will think on it a little more.

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?