Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By jonbill
theonewithin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:46 am Wait....

506?

In the trigger angle?

It is actually -360 up to 360.
Yes, that was a wild goose chase :D . my trigger angle is 146. I'm at a loss for why it works with wasted COP but not sequential. Maybe it just doesn't work with the decoder setup I'm using.
By jonbill
theonewithin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:46 am Your actual trigger angle may be 360 degrees out. So instead of 146 it may actually be -214

Give that a go.
Yes! that did it. First mistake was not thinking about 720 degree cycle at all, and 2nd mistake was not noticing 720 degrees is -360 to +360, not 0 to 720.

Thanks for your help.
By Simo5000
Hi Jonbill,

I thought I might find a thread lurking on the internet.
I bought the spare 1zz SC kit off of Carolyn and managed to have a peak at the fully built one last weekend. I’m all new to Speeduino.
I’ve only got so far with selecting which arduino etc. I’m looking looking at, when splicing tapping into cables to use a connectors incase I want to revert back.

My MR2 is set up for the track so looking at refining things (charge cooler, maybe water meth etc to keep intake temps down and exhaust routing). I love the proof of concept.

Would love to pick your brains with the magic of Speeduino (to my mechanical spanner hitting brain anyway). I dabbled a bit with an arduino Uno but didn’t get far as life got in the way and I lost momentum.

Hope you could add your valuable input.

Cheers
By jonbill
Simo5000 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:56 am Hi Jonbill,

I thought I might find a thread lurking on the internet.
I bought the spare 1zz SC kit off of Carolyn and managed to have a peak at the fully built one last weekend. I’m all new to Speeduino.
I’ve only got so far with selecting which arduino etc. I’m looking looking at, when splicing tapping into cables to use a connectors incase I want to revert back.

My MR2 is set up for the track so looking at refining things (charge cooler, maybe water meth etc to keep intake temps down and exhaust routing). I love the proof of concept.

Would love to pick your brains with the magic of Speeduino (to my mechanical spanner hitting brain anyway). I dabbled a bit with an arduino Uno but didn’t get far as life got in the way and I lost momentum.

Hope you could add your valuable input.

Cheers
sure, happy to help. PM me on slack (@jonbill)
By nrojas
Sorry for the thread revival, but are there any updates on this? I'm currently considering running a Speeduino on my Stroked 2zz swapped, turbo mr-2 spyder. Would love to pick your brain Jonbill!

Thanks!

Noel
By nrojas
jonbill wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:06 pm Sure happy to help if I can. There are others here too.
where are you up to?
Is it possible to run the Speeduino as a complete standalone or is piggybacking the only way to run it? I've been on the Spyderchat and Newcelica forums and it seems that the 1zz and 2zz ECU's seem to override piggypacks. Electronics and ECUs is very new to me but I'm trying to learn so please forgive any stupid questions or questions that have been asked. I was able to repin and add the "lift" wires for the 2zz swap so that wiring was pretty easy but wiring the Speeduino will be a completely different animal. My goal is to get the Speeduino to a point where I drive it and have Dwight fine tune it. The specs of my car are:

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
1.93L stroked 2zz-ge
Garret GT28rs Turbo
I'll be using a AEM Tru-Boost gauge to control boost and AEM UEGO A/R gauge with wideband. I spoke to Dwight and he mentioned that the wideband will need to be connected to the Speeduino, will I need to splice into those wires so that I can connect to the Speeduino and Gauge at the same time?

Again sorry if these questions are really dumb, still learning!
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?