Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Jansun
Hi all, back.

I did some tests, and i was wondering how to connect my injectors. i got a v6 with 2 injector banks. Do i have to connect inj ch 1 to bank 1 and inj ch 3 to bank 2? or do i have to connect bank 1 to ch 1 and 2 and bank 2 to inj channel 3 and 4?

Injector channel 4 dont give a signal right now and i dont know it is normal or a mistake in the soldering.. The configuration in tunerstudio is 6cil alternating.

Any ideas?
By androidcho
As this is batch fire injection, it uses No. of cyl divided by 2 channels. So 6cyl/2 = 3 channels. Every channel will fire 2 injectors simultaneously, one injector will fire on-time, the other will inject the fuel into the intake until fuel being sucked after some time..
By cx500tc
Yep. 1 channel for 2 injectors. INJ4 won't fire because you have 6 cylinders, not 4 or 8. ;)

Pair up injectors based on firing order- pair cylinders that are 360 degrees apart; wire them in parallel.

For instance, if the firing order is 1-3-5-4-2-6, pair 1 & 4, 3 & 2 and 5 & 6. (totally random firing order, by the way :D)
By Jansun
hmm, not so good news haha. My existing wiringloom has 3 injectors / bank. Only 2 banks there..

The correct firing order is btw a common one, 1.4.2.5.3.6. Easy to remember; cylinders start right front then left front, left middle... etc.
By PSIG
Alright, then if not re-wiring, simply attache one bank to INJ1 and the other to INJ2. They should already be wired in the alternating format.

Background for other readers: "Bank" firing does not mean all injectors on one side of the engine (often called banks), and could more accurately be called "set" or "channel" firing, where all injectors in one wired set (one channel) fire together regardless of where the injectors are. When done this way, the "sister" or "complimentary" cylinders are usually grouped on each channel, as per cx500tc's post. The term "batch" fire means all injectors on all channels fire together in one total batch.

David

Example of "bank" firing: Most production V8 engines, regardless of brand, use the "W" or "Double-V" bank firing pattern:
By cx500tc
One caveat with paralleling injectors is that as more are added, the current drawn by the injectors will increase. As this happens, the injector driver will run hotter

@PSIG: Keep in mind this is a V-6 with a firing order of 1-4-2-5-3-6.
Engine layout:
Radiator
4 - 1
5 - 2
6 - 3

In firing order, cylinders are 120 degrees apart for 720 degrees rotation.
In bank order, cylinders are 240 degrees apart for 720 degrees rotation.

Given these figures, my opinion would be to group injectors by bank, i.e. 1,2,3 to INJ1 output, 4,5,6 to INJ2 output.

Now, how is Speeduino going to be configured as a V6 for spark and two injector channels?
By RichCreations
cx500tc wrote: Now, how is Speeduino going to be configured as a V6 for spark and two injector channels?
Tell it you have a TBI with two injectors? (like i am putting on my L6)
By PSIG
The injector banks/sets are already wired, and I am going to presume the factory identified the best sets, so I'd roll with it. I'm curious what the sets are on this one; but as a Cos/Cologne engine they are likely 1-2-4 and 3-5-6. Jansun, can you confirm the injector sets for my curiosity?

David
By cx500tc
PSIG wrote:The injector banks/sets are already wired, and I am going to presume the factory identified the best sets, so I'd roll with it. I'm curious what the sets are on this one; but as a Cos/Cologne engine they are likely 1-2-4 and 3-5-6. Jansun, can you confirm the injector sets for my curiosity?

David
Not just his curiosity, but mine too. ;)
I had a '76 V6 Capri, US, but it was carb'd.

Hi! Sorry for bad english, I hope I'm understandab[…]

In my opinion the easiest way is to just leave out[…]

Cant seem to get it working. Uploded my 202402 ini[…]

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?