Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Sw2ncx
From what I found on google for a post about Hondas and Megasquirt:
The ignition module in these cars lets current flow through the coil when the input is grounded. When the coil is not charging, the voltage is slightly above 5 volts.
So I figured going low is the correct setting..
Is it possible to have that problem with wrong DWELL?
Although I have tried to lower the numbers, in the same post that I found out about the ignition module says that a dwell of 4ms on running is good!!!! :roll: :roll:
By PSIG
Verify your Spark Output Trigger setting is correct. To test this, use a volt meter or multi-meter set to DC volts. Connect the RED meter probe to your coil negative terminal at either end of the WHT/BLU wire (white wire with blue trace), and your meter's BLACK probe to any convenient clean ground (distributor body, block, etc).

Turn the ignition switch to RUN (not START). The meter should read battery voltage (no dwelling). If the meter reads 0-volts (ground) or very low volts (dwelling), then your Spark setting is incorrect.

Remember, the Spark setting is for when it sparks (when dwell ends), not when it dwells the coil. ;) A short review of the ignition control dwell and spark is in the original Speeduino Wiki.
By Sw2ncx
Thnx for the help..
i tried this test 5 mins ago... The settings was wrong i fix it by seting it to going high.. But the problem is still here....
It is starting fine (almost) but if i touch the gas petal it dies my coil is whining like crazy and some times if i touch the starter but not run the engine i can hear my coil firing ....
i'm lost here guys i checked again the wiring it seems fine.
3 months with this problem maybe is time to sell it and go on?????
By Sw2ncx
My Cranking dwell is 4ms and tuning dwell is 3ms,sark duration was 1 but I played with it now u have it on 0,5 from the testing a earlier.
The option cranking bypass is off , do I have to enable it and set it??
I think it doesn’t needed on Honda but I figure to ask I have nothing to loose at this point :)
By george-angelosvoudouris
It's been a while guys.....I've been away from the mainland since July (I'm a seaman).... So no progress on the speedy and i believe there have been quite some changes in the software.....@Sw2ncx what VR conditioner are you running???? I found out bench testing that the DSC VR conditioner pic up the factory signal much better than the MAX9926 without making any hardware changes on the factory dizzy...When i'll finish up with some other projects i have currently i'll try to update on the matter

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?