Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Torslund
This stall issue when computer is disconnected, is that a software or electrical issue?
Engines efficient, modern engines is better then older in efficiency. So running an older engine on program for newer engine could need more work. I have to rebuild VE and AFR table from beginning. I see a problem when the tables is far away from basic. It's like speedy can't handle it. Something with the stoichiometric ratio handling?
By PSIG
Torslund wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:22 am This stall issue when computer is disconnected, is that a software or electrical issue?
Usually electrical / hardware.
Torslund wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:22 amEngines efficient, modern engines is better then older in efficiency. So running an older engine on program for newer engine could need more work. I have to rebuild VE and AFR table from beginning.
Correct. You will not be able to help an engine run well - of any age - without specific tuning for that engine, setup and fuel. Every individual engine is different, and so is every tune. Speeduino must be told how to run the engine, and you need to tell it. This requires understanding the basics of engine and tuning theory. The more you understand, the easier and better you will tune.

Analogies: You are a new Chef. Learn to cook and practice to make good meals. Or, you are a new musician. Learn to play your instrument and practice to make good music. My favorite - you have built a new guitar. It will sound like crap until you tune it. If you do not know how to tune a guitar, you must learn. It is not the guitar's fault if it sounds like crap. The engine wants-to and can run well. You must learn to tune it so it can do that.
Torslund wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:22 amI see a problem when the tables is far away from basic. It's like speedy can't handle it. Something with the stoichiometric ratio handling?
Speedy can handle it fine. You need to tell it how to handle it. Stoichiometric ratio has nothing to do with tuning. It is only a laboratory reference, although often used for government emissions tuning to old regulations or old catalytic requirements. Ignore stoich for basic tuning purposes, as it is neither efficient nor powerful in most cases, and almost never appears in final tunes (except for government regulations). If after initial tuning to best efficiency and performance you need to de-tune it for emissions requirements, do that afterwards.
By Torslund
Electrical was what I start with yesterday, have not look at it since last year. And find some strange spikes that not should be there. Taking all apart and connect one by one. When the AEM Uego connected I got some strange spikes at 12V and 5V. Should not look like that.
Attachments
20200529-0001_15.jpeg
20200529-0001_15.jpeg (75.4 KiB) Viewed 5446 times
By Torslund
Did remove the sensor for test. Free in the air it shows higher then the gauge can show. Blow air with compressor and it goes down to normal engine running values. Should not go down with more air. Put in exhaust on a car and it stays high value. Blow Gasol/LPG on it and it goes down to values in side the gauge.The sensor is new. Gauge is old. Can be a bad gauge. Or need calibration. Don't know about this sensors.
By Torslund
A NB sensor is connected, everything else as before, no spikes. Testing the WB not i car on a freestanding battery and it did give spikes even there.
Attachments
20200529-0003_01.jpg
20200529-0003_01.jpg (64.71 KiB) Viewed 5423 times
By Torslund
Back on track. A new NB O2 sensor and it runs stable. So I have been fighting against a non working lambda.
By LPG2CV
Pleased you have sorted the issue buddy. Give a thought to what screwed the last o2 sensor. :)
By Torslund
Maybe it had been heated to much.
Ok, idle is fine, summer cold start fine. Car can be driven in and out from shop. So I start to look at the acceleration enrichment. And do not understand anything of it :( What changes what?
By jonbill
If you haven't tuned the cells above idle yet, I'd do them before AE tuning. AE is only needed for fast movements of the throttle and is relative % on top of the cells involved, so if the VE values are wrong, the AE hasn't got a chance.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?