Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Torslund
It fires up. But disappears in a cloud of smoke :( Running very rich i think. What adjustments should I start with?
Now it's 5300cc engine with 12 352cc injectors. All other from basic file.
By Torslund
Feels that injector time is wrong, TS calculate 8ms and I think it should be2-3 idle and max 10 full speed.
By Torslund
What is it I don't know?
If I change engine from 5300cc to 3500cc and injectors from 352 to 1300cc I can get injector time down to 2ms and engine runs bad but it runs.

This is what I have,
4 cyl
4 injectors
alternating
2 squirts paired
even
no lambda
dist trigger
control map
By PSIG
I'm not seeing why you are using those figures. You are mirroring a single 4-cylinder engine of 1767cc with 352cc injectors? Or, a 5300cc I4 with 1056cc injectors? Either that or start manually fudging the Req_fuel until it runs better when fully warmed. :lol: Post some files.

David
By Torslund
5300cc engine, 12 injectors x 352 is 4224cc. Jag spec is 2-3ms close throttle. I can't get TS there.
Can't run it warm, plugs become black and quits.
This is a HE engine and they have 280cc injectors from factory. So my injectors are larger.
Engine displacement in TS, is it total engine displacement or just one of the cylinders?
By PSIG
Because Speeduino does not support 12 cylinders, I assume you are trying to trick it in some fashion. How are your injectors wired to your output channels? Please post your tune and good logs taken with that tune.

David
By Torslund
Early in the 70th they put electronic injection on the 12 cyl engine. Using a 4 cyl ecu :) The injectors fires in two set, with two trigger signal from dist, 6 injectors first and next 6 next time.
So I do the same. Can't see any problem with that. But TS gives strange injector times. Required fuel for 5.3 liter engine gives very long injector time.
Found one fault today in the car. When they change the engine they put wrong rotor in the dist. My trigger signals look fine om bench. But did look at them in car a see ugly signals. Took a hall sensor trigger board an notice bad signal from it. Then I change the rotors and suddenly I got nice signals from them. Lousy trigger signals gives wrong injector time, I will put all together tomorrow and try start again.
My tune it not worth look at :) I change it all time.
By PSIG
Ah, this is why i was confused, indicating you wired 12 injectors as 3 (x352cc) injectors per-channel on 4 channels ;) :
Torslund wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:34 amThis is what I have,
4 cyl
4 injectors
alternating
2 squirts paired …
… but it's not. Keep us updated on your progress!

David
By Torslund
Something I don't find is wrong :(
Change the reed rely to hall sensors and can't get any trigger. The input goes low via the hallsensor or via a opto. But don't trigger. With opto I get 2V left at the input, should not be that. If I ground with wire it triggers. What am I doing wrong? Hall sensor goes low even if I run it with 5V, 12V and I have the diod and resistor on input. The sensor can easily ground any kind of led but do not ground the input?????????
By PSIG
I'll ask in two steps: First is to post the high and low signal voltages of your (powered-but-disconnected) sensor, and the connected voltages at the Mega of the high and low signals.

Second, I do not know what changes have been made or any conditioning you have applied; so a quick sketch (or modify a Speeduino schematic) to show your circuits could be helpful.

David

You can use something like this to fill-in the missing info:
Input_sketch_sheet.png
Input_sketch_sheet.png (132.86 KiB) Viewed 13252 times

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?