Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By panpan
Possibly post on Thingiverse, and create a link from there? or zip them and attach here?
By PSIG
Agreed, I would just upload the STL file here as an attachment. Some file extensions will not upload, so you just have to ZIP them to be recognized, then upload — like i did for the standoffs a few posts ago. Upload to Thingiverse if you instead want a searchable link for anyone to use or allow finding stuff through 3D search sites like Yeggi.

David
By gpineau
Thanks for the zip-tip. I will do that.

BTW has anyone dealt with making an injected molded part? (another project i got roped into).
I have a prototype part about the size of a bic lighter. I need to make about a thousand of them. (cheap)
I don't know where to start.
By Billzilla
Last year at uni I did a Solidworks course that included designing parts for injection moulding. The design is the easy bit, the making of the mould(s) is very expensive though. I'm happy to design the part for you, if you like.
By gpineau
Seriously?
That would be great but I am still working on the prototypes. I will remember and give you a shout with i am proud enough to show it off.
By PSIG
Technology is quick to change, and my experience with injection molding is likely too old to be of any use, so I will happily follow your question for more-current info. I do remember multiple redesigns for reducing tooling costs could be extreme. :x Due to most of my needs being very short-run (proto), I have resorted to casting or composites for most 'plastic' parts. The rule-of-thumb used to be — need lots of them quick or certain materials/requirements, then inject. Not pressured by time or quantity and you have cheap labor (yours), then cast or vacuum molding with thermosetting, etc. Can you indicate the configuration (multi-part molds, etc) and any spec's for materials or requirements?

David
By gpineau
The part I am working on has nothing to do with my speedo project so I don't feel right elaborating on it here. The person I am doing this for wants a hundred to test market the if all goes well then maybe thousands.

The part is not that complicated for an injection mold (I don't think but I am not an expert on that ).
It's a solid piece with two cutouts in it. One cutout being quite simple and the second one is more complex looking like as stair step. It needs to accommodate a switch, circuit board and a battery.

The 3d printed parts I have made are working great. I can print a hundred of them in a week or two but no way can I do a thousand. There is a injection molding outfit a few miles from here. I am going to take him my printed part and see what their estimates are for injection molding.
By CoClimber
I'd like to add two points to the overall discussion. First, don't use PC anywhere near fuel. It will react to the fuel and crack. Second, it takes a bit of investment in time and money, but you can use your 3D printed parts as lost PLA castings to make cast aluminum parts. I have made intakes, reed blocks, and even cylinders for my bike. Here is a link detailing my struggles. https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,4236934
By gpineau
CoClimber ,, Thanks for that post. That was very interesting. I enjoyed all of it. I never would have even tried something that bold.
By gpineau
JUNO on the speeduino slack site asked for the Hammond case stl files.
I haven't messed with them in a while but I think I got them all in this zip file.
There is a case with a top and front as well as a cap for the "Real "Aluminum hammond case.
I have made a variety of fronts for it with db 12 (VGA) d connectors and some with db-15 connectors.
I threw in a blank front so you can cut your own connector holes.
The real Hammond case is a bit longer than the speeduino board so I made a backstop the goes into the case which holds teh board toward the front of the case where the connectors are mounted.
Let me know if I left anything out.
Attachments
(58.93 KiB) Downloaded 237 times

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?