Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By linkus
PSIG wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:06 pm Cool thread and I love lots of photos. 8-) One suggestion though, my data bill just skyrocketed :lol:, so if you could scale the image sizes down would be great and the thread would load much faster also. Maybe 800x600 or smaller? Thanks!

David
Damn sorry David! I don't have any datacap on my internet so didn't even think of it! Will try to fix it (800x600!? that is smaaaall dude :lol:)! :D Thanks by the way!
Last edited by linkus on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PSIG
JHolland wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:33 pm That flywheel looks nice but I'm not sure that it will work as 60-2.
I would have to agree, that as it would appear to read as a 60+1-1 it would not function properly on a generic decoder like Missing Tooth, but it could function in Speeduino under a custom decoder. :)

David
By chammyman
Didn't expect to see old Renault love on here. I have 4 19's just now but my baby is a ph1 Chamade 16V, still just the F7P engine in it though. The dreaded rust has got to it so i need to sort it out as well.

Did you have to clearance the head for the cams? I remember years ago around 2000 in fact having to swap them to solid lifters and clearance the lifter bores for the lobes.

Anyway, great project.
By linkus
Kinetic Research wrote:I am really inspired by your work - I really like the concept of out with old and in with the old! :lol:

Marcus.
Haha thanks! :D
JHolland wrote:That flywheel looks nice but I'm not sure that it will work as 60-2.
Hmm are you sure? last time i checked the clio 172 runs the same pattern, and all other ecu's detect that as a 60-2 pattern :( i even think that ivanro_jo on slack have it running with this kind of trigger.
PSIG wrote:
JHolland wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:33 pm That flywheel looks nice but I'm not sure that it will work as 60-2.
I would have to agree, that as it would appear to read as a 60+1-1 it would not function properly on a generic decoder like Missing Tooth, but it could function in Speeduino under a custom decoder. :)

David
Also strange when i asked the reseller about the triggerpattern they said like this
"It’s a standard Clio 172 / 182 trigger pattern 60-2 so is compatible with most, if not all aftermarket ecus."
chammyman wrote:Didn't expect to see old Renault love on here. I have 4 19's just now but my baby is a ph1 Chamade 16V, still just the F7P engine in it though. The dreaded rust has got to it so i need to sort it out as well.

Did you have to clearance the head for the cams? I remember years ago around 2000 in fact having to swap them to solid lifters and clearance the lifter bores for the lobes.

Anyway, great project.
Nice i have 4 Clios and one shell (just the body and no engine) :P

I got the engine from a guy that had tore down the head to find out a sad piston and a sad valve, so im not sure to be honest, i got all the soild lifters in a big box not organized at all, so i kinda meassured it the best i could and bolted it all together :lol:

Thanks alot!
V6vintage wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:34 pm Great stuff! :D nice work
Thanks! :D
By PSIG
linkus wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:12 pmHmm are you sure? last time i checked the clio 172 runs the same pattern, and all other ecu's detect that as a 60-2 pattern :( i even think that ivanro_jo on slack have it running with this kind of trigger.
. . .
Also strange when i asked the reseller about the triggerpattern they said like this
"It’s a standard Clio 172 / 182 trigger pattern 60-2 so is compatible with most, if not all aftermarket ecus."
It would not read correctly in "standard" form, with a "correct" polarity VR sensor, reading the trailing (falling) edges of the teeth in order to properly read the missing teeth and to avoid signal drift. That said, and reading only the rising edge, it could be seen as a 60-2 — but I would experiment in order to determine whether a reverse-polarity sensor output vs leading edge detection results in less timing drift and proper gap detection. Fingers crossed!

David

It would have been great if the + and - teeth placement were reversed, or the engine rotation reversed "Honda" style. :lol:
CLIO_teeth.jpg
CLIO_teeth.jpg (41.46 KiB) Viewed 10232 times

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?